The No. 10 Michigan State Spartans (13-2, 0-0 Big Ten) visit the Michigan Wolverines (7-6, 0-0 Big Ten) after winning three road games in a row. The Wolverines are favored by just 1 point in the contest, which begins at 2:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 8, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 142.5.
Michigan vs. Michigan State Predictions
Michigan vs. Michigan State Betting Odds
Michigan vs. Michigan State Last 10 Games
- Michigan covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Michigan’s past 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Wolverines games averaged 4.3 fewer points (138.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Wolverines are scoring 1.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Michigan State covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Michigan State games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Spartans games averaged 3.2 fewer points (139.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Spartans are scoring 75.4 points per game compared to their 75.8 season average.
Michigan vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Michigan has covered the spread in a matchup five times this season (5-7-0).
- The Wolverines have an ATS record of 5-7 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- This season, Michigan’s games have hit the over five times out of 12 chances.
- The 72.8 points per game the Wolverines score are 7.3 more points than the Spartans give up (65.5).
- When Michigan puts up more than 65.5 points, it is 5-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Michigan State is 9-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 1-point underdogs or more, the Spartans have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This year, Michigan State’s games have hit the over seven times out of 14 chances.
- The Spartans put up nine more points per game (75.8) than the Wolverines allow their opponents to score (66.8).
- When it scores more than 66.8 points, Michigan State is 8-3 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
Michigan vs. Michigan State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Michigan and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 142.5 points three times.
- There have been five Michigan State games that have ended with a combined score over 142.5 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 142.5 is 6.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wolverines (72.8 points per game) and the Spartans (75.8 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 132.3 points per game, 10.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Wolverines games is 2.5 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 3.1 points more than the average over/under in Spartans’ games this season (139.4 points).
Michigan Team Leaders
- Hunter Dickinson: 16.1 PTS, 8.8 REB, 59.1 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (5-for-17)
- Eli Brooks: 12.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.2 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (24-for-65)
- DeVante Jones: 7.5 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (11-for-24)
- Caleb: 9.5 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
- Moussa Diabate: 8.7 PTS, 59.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.8 PTS, 7.3 REB, 2.5 BLK, 58 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Gabe Brown: 14.5 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (37-for-93)
- Tyson Walker: 6.7 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.5 STL, 39.6 FG%, 56 3PT% (14-for-25)
- Malik Hall: 9.9 PTS, 62 FG%, 55.6 3PT% (15-for-27)
- Max Christie: 9.7 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.