The Jackson State Tigers (2-10, 0-0 SWAC) will look to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the Alabama State Hornets (3-12, 0-0 SWAC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome as 4.5-point favorites. The game airs at 5:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 128.5 points.
Jackson State vs. Alabama State Predictions
Jackson State vs. Alabama State Betting Odds
|Jackson State||-4.5||128.5 points|
Jackson State vs. Alabama State Betting Trends
- Jackson State has covered the spread 11 times in 12 games with a set spread.
- The Tigers have not covered the spread (0-1) when they are at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, five of Jackson State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tigers put up 22.0 fewer points per game (56.5) than the Hornets allow (78.5).
- Alabama State has covered the spread in a matchup 13 times this year (13-1-0).
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Hornets have a perfect ATS record of 10-0.
- This season, Alabama State’s games have hit the over seven times out of 14 chances.
- The Hornets put up an average of 68.1 points per game, just 0.6 fewer points than the 68.7 the Tigers give up.
- Alabama State has put together a 5-1 ATS record and a 3-4 overall record in games it scores more than 68.7 points.
Jackson State vs. Alabama State Over/Under Trends
- This season, six of Jackson State’s 12 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 128.5 points.
- This season, 11 of Alabama State’s games have ended with a score higher than 128.5 points.
- The Tigers average 56.5 points per game against the Hornets’ 68.1, totaling 3.9 points under the matchup’s total of 128.5.
- The 147.2 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 18.7 more than the 128.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Tigers games is 132.1 points, 3.6 more than the over/under of 128.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 15.0 points separates the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (143.5 points) and this matchup’s over/under (128.5 points).
Jackson State Team Leaders
- Jayveous McKinnis: 12.0 PTS, 10.1 REB, 1.5 STL, 3.4 BLK, 54.4 FG%
- Ken Evans: 5.5 PTS, 32.3 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (14-for-32)
- Jonas James: 7.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.8 FG%, 25.7 3PT% (9-for-35)
- Gabe Watson: 14.9 PTS, 38.0 FG%, 23.4 3PT% (11-for-47)
- Terence Lewis II: 3.8 PTS, 46.5 FG%
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Gerald Liddell: 11.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 1.2 BLK, 45.4 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (10-for-24)
- Kenny Strawbridge: 9.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.1 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (8-for-31)
- Isaiah Range: 8.7 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (11-for-38)
- Jordan O’Neal: 8.2 PTS, 54.9 FG%
- Trace Young: 9.6 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (12-for-37)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.