The Wichita State Shockers (9-4, 0-0 AAC) are heavy underdogs (by 12.5 points) to extend a three-game road win streak when they visit the No. 12 Houston Cougars (13-3, 0-0 AAC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 133.5 in the matchup.
Houston vs. Wichita State Predictions
Houston vs. Wichita State Betting Odds
Houston vs. Wichita State Last 10 Games
- Houston is 9-1 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Houston games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 133.9 total points, 0.4 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Cougars have a points-per-game average 8.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Wichita State covered the spread four times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Wichita State’s past 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The Shockers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 132.8 points scored. That’s 0.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Shockers are scoring 70.3 points per game compared to their 68.6 season average.
Houston vs. Wichita State Betting Trends
- Houston is 10-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 12.5 points or more so far this season, the Cougars went 5-3 against the spread.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total seven times this season.
- The 73.8 points per game the Cougars record are 10.5 more points than the Shockers allow (63.3).
- Houston has a 10-4 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when scoring more than 63.3 points.
- Wichita State has registered a 5-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- Wichita State’s games have gone over the total five times this season.
- The Shockers put up an average of 68.6 points per game, 15.0 more points than the 53.6 the Cougars allow to opponents.
- Wichita State is 5-7 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it scores more than 53.6 points.
Houston vs. Wichita State Over/Under Trends
- Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s over/under of 133.5 points five times this season.
- In Wichita State’s 13 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 133.5.
- The total for the contest of 133.5 is 8.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cougars (73.8 points per game) and the Shockers (68.6 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 116.9 points per game, 16.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cougars have seen a 132.2 average over/under in their games this season, 1.3 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is the same as the average over/under in Shockers’ games this season (133.5 points).
Houston Team Leaders
- Fabian White Jr.: 10.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 46.4 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (18-for-47)
- Jamal Shead: 9.9 PTS, 5.6 AST, 1.7 STL, 44.2 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (12-for-39)
- Kyler Edwards: 12.6 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (32-for-90)
- Marcus Sasser: 16.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 43.7 FG%, 43.7 3PT% (45-for-103)
- Josh Carlton: 11.1 PTS, 61.8 FG%
Wichita State Team Leaders
- Tyson Etienne: 14.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 34.7 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (30-for-98)
- Ricky Council IV: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.7 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (14-for-41)
- Morris Udeze: 11.5 PTS, 56.7 FG%
- Dexter Dennis: 8.3 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (14-for-52)
- Craig Porter Jr.: 3.6 PTS, 32.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (4-for-12)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.