The BYU Cougars (13-3, 0-0 WCC) are 3.5-point favorites as they look to extend a nine-game home win streak when they take on the Saint Mary’s Gaels (12-3, 0-0 WCC) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Marriott Center. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 132.5.
BYU vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Predictions
BYU vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Odds
BYU vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Last 10 Games
- BYU is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 BYU games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 137.9 total points, 5.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Cougars have scored 1.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Saint Mary’s (CA) games have exceeded the set total three times.
- The last 10 Gaels games averaged 125.3 total points, 7.2 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Gaels are scoring 65.2 points per game compared to their 68.8 season average.
BYU vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Trends
- BYU is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Cougars have gone 4-6 against the spread.
- This season, seven of BYU’s games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The Cougars score 74.3 points per game, 16.2 more points than the 58.1 the Gaels allow.
- When BYU puts up more than 58.1 points, it is 7-6 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 10-6-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Gaels have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, five of Saint Mary’s (CA)’s games have gone over the point total out of 16 chances.
- The Gaels’ 68.8 points per game are 5.7 more points than the 63.1 the Cougars allow to opponents.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 6-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall when it scores more than 63.1 points.
BYU vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Over/Under Trends
- Nine BYU games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 132.5 points.
- There have been five Saint Mary’s (CA) games that have ended with a combined score higher than 132.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 143.1 points per game, 10.6 points more than the total of 132.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 121.2 points per game, 11.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cougars have seen a 138.5 average over/under in their games this season, six points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Gaels games have an over/under of 128.2 points this season, 4.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 17.2 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 49.4 3PT% (42-for-85)
- Fousseyni Traore: 8.0 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.4 BLK, 53.8 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.1 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (16-for-46)
- Caleb Lohner: 6.6 PTS, 39.0 FG%, 8.7 3PT% (2-for-23)
- Gideon George: 7.2 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (14-for-43)
Saint Mary’s (CA) Team Leaders
- Matthias Tass: 12.5 PTS, 62.8 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Logan Johnson: 10.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 43.2 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (9-for-33)
- Tommy Kuhse: 10.1 PTS, 52.6 FG%, 47.4 3PT% (18-for-38)
- Kyle Bowen: 5.4 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (13-for-38)
- Dan Fotu: 10.1 PTS, 53.9 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (10-for-25)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.