The Youngstown State Penguins (9-5, 0-0 Horizon) host the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (5-7, 0-0 Horizon) after winning four straight home games. The Penguins are favored by 6.5 points in the contest, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 7, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5.
Youngstown State vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Predictions
Youngstown State vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Betting Odds
|Youngstown State||-6.5||143.5 points|
Youngstown State vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Betting Trends
- Youngstown State has compiled a 7-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Penguins have an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Youngstown State’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 12 chances this season.
- The 73.4 points per game the Penguins record are only 0.1 more points than the Mastodons allow (73.3).
- Youngstown State is 2-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 73.3 points.
- Purdue Fort Wayne is 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Mastodons went 4-0 against the spread.
- Purdue Fort Wayne games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this year.
- The Mastodons put up an average of 72.8 points per game, 5.6 more points than the 67.2 the Penguins allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.2 points, Purdue Fort Wayne is 5-2 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
Youngstown State vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Over/Under Trends
- Four Youngstown State games this season have gone over Friday’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Five of Purdue Fort Wayne’s games finished with a combined score over 143.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 143.5 is 2.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Penguins (73.4 points per game) and the Mastodons (72.8 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 3.0 fewer points than the 140.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Penguins games is 141.2 points, 2.3 fewer than the over/under of 143.5 points for this contest.
- Mastodons’ games have a total points bet of 144.9 points this season, 1.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Youngstown State Team Leaders
- Michael Akuchie: 14.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 47.1 FG%, 31.0 3PT% (9-for-29)
- Tevin Olison: 12.1 PTS, 41.1 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (23-for-74)
- Dwayne Cohill: 9.5 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (8-for-24)
- Shemar Rathan-Mayes: 7.6 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (14-for-32)
- Luke Chicone: 3.4 PTS, 44.4 FG%
Purdue Fort Wayne Team Leaders
- Jarred Godfrey: 17.2 PTS, 1.8 STL, 49.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (23-for-69)
- Ra Kpedi: 9.8 PTS, 69.2 FG%
- Jalon Pipkins: 13.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.7 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (16-for-55)
- Deonte Billups: 10.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.8 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (29-for-66)
- Damian Chong Qui: 8.1 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (11-for-36)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.