The No. 22 Xavier Musketeers (11-2, 0-0 Big East) hit the road in Big East play against the Butler Bulldogs (8-5, 0-0 Big East) on Friday, January 7, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. The Musketeers are 5.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has a point total of 130.5.
Xavier vs. Butler Predictions
Xavier vs. Butler Betting Odds
Xavier vs. Butler Last 10 Games
- Xavier has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Xavier’s last 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The Musketeers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.8 points scored. That’s 8.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Musketeers have scored 2.1 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Butler has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in those games.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged 1.6 fewer points (128.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Bulldogs have a 61.9 points-per-game average, 0.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Xavier vs. Butler Betting Trends
- Xavier has covered the spread eight times this season (8-4-0).
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Musketeers have an ATS record of 6-2.
- Games involving Xavier have hit the over four times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Musketeers record 75.5 points per game, 14.7 more points than the 60.8 the Bulldogs give up.
- Xavier has an 8-2 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall when putting up more than 60.8 points.
- Butler has put together an 8-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Bulldogs are 3-0 against the spread.
- Butler’s games have gone over the total twice out of 12 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs score just 0.8 more points per game (62.8) than the Musketeers allow their opponents to score (62.0).
- Butler is 3-3 against the spread and 7-0 overall when it scores more than 62.0 points.
Xavier vs. Butler Over/Under Trends
- Xavier and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (130.5 points) eight times this season.
- This season, Butler has played just two games with a combined score higher than 130.5 points.
- The Musketeers average 75.5 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 62.8, totaling 7.8 points over the matchup’s total of 130.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 122.8 points per game, 7.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Musketeers games is 139.2 points, 8.7 more than the over/under of 130.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 0.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (130.8 points).
Xavier Team Leaders
- Jack Nunge: 12.5 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.5 BLK, 54.0 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (8-for-29)
- Colby Jones: 11.5 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.5 STL, 51.1 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (9-for-26)
- Paul Scruggs: 10.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 38.4 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
- Nate Johnson: 13.2 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (38-for-83)
- Dwon Odom: 7.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 65.0 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
Butler Team Leaders
- Jayden Taylor: 10.5 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (12-for-45)
- Aaron Thompson: 5.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
- Bryce Golden: 9.7 PTS, 61.7 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (7-for-20)
- Jair Bolden: 9.5 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (28-for-77)
- Chuck Harris: 9.8 PTS, 33.9 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (19-for-60)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.