A pair of skidding teams meet when the Washington Football Team (6-10), losers of four straight, square off against the New York Giants (4-12), who are on a five-game losing streak, on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at MetLife Stadium. New York is a touchdown underdog in the matchup. The contest’s over/under is 37.5.
Washington vs. Giants Predictions
Washington vs. Giants Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Washington and Giants: Last Three Games
- Washington is 1-2-0 against the spread and 0-3 overall in its last three games.
- The final combined score of the last three Football Team games has surpassed the set total twice.
- The past three Football Team games averaged 5.8 more points (43.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- New York has not covered a spread (0-3-0) while going 0-3 overall during its past three matchups.
- The Giants and their opponents have combined to hit the over once in those games.
- The last three Giants games averaged 40.3 total points, 2.8 more points than this matchup’s point total.
Washington and Giants: Betting Trends
- Washington is 6-10-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, Washington’s games have hit the over seven times.
- The Football Team have a 2-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Washington has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -311 or shorter.
- The Football Team have an implied moneyline win probability of 75.7% in this game.
- New York has registered a 6-10-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 2-6 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- New York games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season.
- The Giants have won four, or 26.7%, of the 15 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- New York has a record of 1-7 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +249 on the moneyline.
- Washington and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under of 37.5 points 10 times this season.
- This season, nine of New York’s games have ended with a score higher than 37.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 35.3 points per game, 2.2 points fewer than the over/under of 37.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 51.3 points per game, 13.8 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Football Team have seen a 45.9 over/under in their games this season, 8.4 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 7.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Giants’ games this season (44.7 points).
Washington Players to Watch
- Taylor Heinicke is the No. 23 fantasy player overall and the No. 16 fantasy quarterback with 218.8 points (averaging 13.7 per game).
- Antonio Gibson has racked up 168.0 fantasy points this year (10.5 per game), good enough to place him 49th overall and 14th among running backs in league-wide fantasy standings.
- So far this season, Terry McLaurin’s 127.2 total fantasy points make him the No. 82 fantasy player and No. 24 receiver. He averages 8.0 fantasy points per game.
- DeAndre Carter is working on the 188th-ranked fantasy season (66th among receivers) with 61.4 fantasy points, averaging 3.8 per game.
Giants Players to Watch
- So far this season, Saquon Barkley is the 108th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 32nd-best fantasy running back with 102.7 fantasy points (6.4 per game).
- Devontae Booker’s 101.5 total fantasy points (an average of 6.3 per game), are good enough to rank him 33rd among running backs and 111th overall.
- Evan Engram averages 3.5 fantasy points per game on the way to 56.1 total fantasy points. That makes him the 200th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 23rd-ranked tight end.
- Kenny Golladay’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 83rd among receivers and 215th overall with 49.9 points (3.1 per game).
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.