The Atlanta Falcons (7-9) are 3.5-point underdogs in a home NFC South matchup against the New Orleans Saints (8-8) on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The game has a point total set at 40.
Saints vs. Falcons Predictions
Saints vs. Falcons Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Saints and Falcons: Last Three Games
- New Orleans is 2-1-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall during its past three contests.
- The final combined score of each of the last three Saints games did not go over the set point total.
- The past three Saints games averaged 40.0 points, which equals this matchup’s over/under.
- Atlanta has not covered a spread (0-2-1) while going 1-2 overall during its last three contests.
- The final combined score of each of the past three Falcons games fell short of the set point total.
- The Falcons’ last three outings have ended with an average of 45.3 points scored. That’s 5.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
Saints and Falcons: Betting Trends
- New Orleans has compiled an 8-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games have gone over the total six times this season.
- The Saints have compiled a 4-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 57.1% of those games).
- New Orleans has gone 3-2 when it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -192 or shorter (60%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Saints’ implied win probability is 65.8%.
- Atlanta is 6-9-1 against the spread this season.
- The Falcons have an ATS record of 1-5-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Atlanta’s games have gone over the total six times this season.
- This season, the Falcons have been the underdog 10 times and won three of those games.
- Atlanta has entered seven games this season as the underdog by +161 or more and is 1-6 in those contests.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total (40 points) nine times this season.
- In Atlanta’s 16 games this season, 10 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s total of 40.
- Together, the two teams combine for 39.2 points per game, 0.8 points fewer than the over/under of 40 for this contest.
- This matchup’s point total is 6.5 fewer points than the 46.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2021.
- On average, the Saints have seen a 43.4 over/under in their games this season, 3.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 7.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Falcons’ games this season (47.1 points).
Saints Players to Watch
- Alvin Kamara is the 45th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 13th-best fantasy running back with 171.5 fantasy points (10.7 per game).
- Taysom Hill has collected 107.6 fantasy points this year (6.7 per game), enough to rank him 102nd overall and 33rd among quarterbacks in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Marquez Callaway is 104th overall and 33rd among receivers with 105.8 fantasy points (averaging 6.6 per game) so far this season.
- Mark Ingram II is working on the 146th-ranked fantasy season ( among nulls) with 81.6 fantasy points, averaging 4.8 per game.
Falcons Players to Watch
- So far this season, Matt Ryan is the 27th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 19th-best fantasy quarterback with 214.1 fantasy points (13.4 per game).
- Cordarrelle Patterson has totaled 181.4 fantasy points this year (11.3 per game), good enough to rank him ninth among running backs and 38th overall in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Kyle Pitts averages 6.7 fantasy points per game on the way to 107.8 total fantasy points. That makes him the 101st-ranked fantasy player overall and the sixth-ranked tight end.
- Mike Davis’ fantasy season so far has him ranked 38th among running backs and 119th overall with 95.4 points (6.0 per game).
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.