The New England Patriots (10-6) visit the Miami Dolphins (8-8) on Sunday, January 9, 2022 in matchup between AFC East rivals at Hard Rock Stadium. Miami is a 6.5-point underdog. The total is 39.5 points for this matchup.
Patriots vs. Dolphins Predictions
Patriots vs. Dolphins Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Patriots and Dolphins: Last Three Games
- New England covered the spread once in its last three matchups while putting together a 1-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final combined score of the past three Patriots games has exceeded the set total twice.
- The Patriots’ past three outings have ended with an average of 43.7 points scored. That’s 4.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Miami covered the spread once in its last three contests while putting up a 2-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Once in those three games, the final combined score went over the set total.
- The past three Dolphins games averaged 0.7 more points (40.2) than this matchup’s point total.
Patriots and Dolphins: Betting Trends
- New England has compiled a 10-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, eight of New England’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Patriots have won eight of the 11 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (72.7%).
- New England has played five times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -270 or shorter, and won in each game.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Patriots’ implied win probability is 73.0%.
- Miami is 8-7-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Dolphins have an ATS record of 1-1-1.
- This season, Miami’s games have hit the over six times.
- This season, the Dolphins have been the underdog nine times and won three of those games.
- Miami has a record of 1-2 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +221 on the moneyline.
- New England and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 39.5 points 10 times this season.
- Eight of Miami’s games finished with a combined score over 39.5 points this season.
- The total for the matchup of 39.5 is 7.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Patriots (27.4 points per game) and the Dolphins (19.3 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 38.7 points per game, 0.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Patriots have seen a 44.3 average over/under in their games this season, 4.8 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 4.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Dolphins’ games this season (44.2 points).
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones is the No. 27 fantasy player overall and the No. 19 fantasy quarterback with 214.1 points (averaging 13.4 per game).
- Damien Harris has racked up total 178.8 fantasy points this year (11.2 per game), which make him the 41st-ranked player overall and the 10th-ranked running back.
- So far this season, Kendrick Bourne’s 122.3 total fantasy points make him the No. 90 fantasy player and No. 28 receiver. He averages 7.6 fantasy points per game.
- Hunter Henry is working on the 105th-ranked fantasy season (eighth among tight ends) with 105.7 fantasy points, averaging 6.6 per game.
Dolphins Players to Watch
- So far this season, Tua Tagovailoa is the No. 47 fantasy player overall and the No. 27 fantasy quarterback. He’s scored 168.8 points and is averaging 10.5 per game.
- Jaylen Waddle’s 133.1 total fantasy points (an average of 8.3 per game), are enough to rank him 20th among receivers and 77th overall.
- Myles Gaskin averages 7.7 fantasy points per game on the way to 123.6 total fantasy points. That makes him the 88th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 27th-ranked running back.
- Mike Gesicki has put together the 135th-ranked fantasy season (12th among tight ends) with 87.8 fantasy points, averaging 5.5 per game.
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.