The Marquette Golden Eagles (9-6, 0-0 Big East) visit the Georgetown Hoyas (6-5, 0-0 Big East) in a matchup of Big East teams at Capital One Arena, tipping off at 6:30 PM ET on Friday, January 7, 2022. The Golden Eagles are 2-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s point total is 153.
Marquette vs. Georgetown Predictions
Marquette vs. Georgetown Betting Odds
Marquette vs. Georgetown Betting Trends
- Marquette has covered the spread in a game eight times this season (8-7-0).
- In games they have played as 2-point favorites or more, the Golden Eagles have an ATS record of 1-3.
- Marquette’s games have gone over the total eight times this season.
- The 73.4 points per game the Golden Eagles average are only 0.4 more points than the Hoyas give up (73.0).
- Marquette is 4-4 against the spread and 7-1 overall when scoring more than 73.0 points.
- Georgetown has compiled a 7-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2-point underdogs or more, the Hoyas have an ATS record of 3-1.
- Georgetown games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this year.
- The Hoyas score an average of 77.0 points per game, 6.7 more points than the 70.3 the Golden Eagles give up to opponents.
- Georgetown has put together a 5-3 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 70.3 points.
Marquette vs. Georgetown Over/Under Trends
- This season, Marquette and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 153 points three times.
- In Georgetown’s 11 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s total of 153.
- The Golden Eagles average 73.4 points per game against the Hoyas’ 77.0, amounting to 2.6 points under the matchup’s over/under of 153.
- This matchup’s point total is 9.7 fewer points than the 143.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Golden Eagles games is 141.6 points, 11.4 fewer than the over/under of 153 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 8.7 points more than the average over/under in Hoyas’ games this season (144.3 points).
Marquette Team Leaders
- Justin Lewis: 15.7 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 41.8 FG%, 27.1 3PT% (19-for-70)
- Tyler Kolek: 6.5 PTS, 6.1 AST, 1.8 STL, 27.4 FG%, 22.4 3PT% (15-for-67)
- Darryl Morsell: 12.4 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (22-for-58)
- Kur Kuath: 5.5 PTS, 3.1 BLK, 64.3 FG%
- Oso Ighodaro: 6.7 PTS, 79.6 FG%
Georgetown Team Leaders
- Aminu Mohammed: 14.6 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.5 STL, 42.6 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (9-for-23)
- Don Carey: 12.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 44.2 FG%, 47.3 3PT% (26-for-55)
- Dante Harris: 11.6 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40.0 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (8-for-31)
- Kaiden Rice: 13.2 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (43-for-101)
- Ryan Mutombo: 5.3 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 45.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.