The Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14) have an expected tough battle to halt their eight-game losing streak as they are overwhelming 15.5-point underdogs against the Indianapolis Colts (9-7) on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at TIAA Bank Field. An over/under of 44 is set in the game.
Colts vs. Jaguars Predictions
Colts vs. Jaguars Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Colts and Jaguars: Last Three Games
- Indianapolis covered the spread twice in its last three matchups while putting up a 2-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final combined score of each of the past three Colts games fell short of the set point total.
- The past three Colts games averaged 2.8 more points (46.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- Jacksonville is winless against the spread in its past three games, and has a 0-3 straight-up record in those matchups.
- In each of those games, the final combined score has surpassed the set total.
- The past three Jaguars games averaged 2.7 fewer points (41.3) than this matchup’s point total.
Colts and Jaguars: Betting Trends
- Indianapolis is 10-6-0 against the spread this season.
- Indianapolis’ games have gone over the total eight times this season.
- The Colts have won five of the seven games they were favored on the moneyline this season (71.4%).
- Indianapolis has not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -1073 or shorter.
- The Colts have a 91.5% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Jacksonville is 4-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars are winless against the spread when they have played as 15.5-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- This year, five of Jacksonville’s games have gone over the point total.
- This season, the Jaguars have won two out of the 14 games, or 14.3%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Jacksonville has played as an underdog of +671 or more once this season and lost that game.
- Indianapolis and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Sunday’s total of 44 points 10 times this season.
- In Jacksonville’s 16 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s total of 44.
- The point total for the game of 44 is 2.3 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Colts (27.5 points per game) and the Jaguars (14.2 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 5.1 fewer points than the 49.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- On average, the Colts have seen a 47.0 over/under in their games this season, 3.0 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 1.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Jaguars’ games this season (45.8 points).
Colts Players to Watch
- Jonathan Taylor is fifth overall among all players and the top fantasy running back with 323.6 fantasy points (20.2 per game).
- Carson Wentz’s 246.9 total fantasy points (an average of 15.4 per game), are good enough to rank him 15th overall and 12th among quarterbacks.
- So far this season, Michael Pittman Jr. averages 8.5 fantasy points per game on the way to 136.2 total fantasy points. That makes him the 74th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 19th-ranked receiver.
- Nyheim Hines’ fantasy season so far has him ranked 170th overall and 55th among running backs with 70.7 points (4.4 per game).
Jaguars Players to Watch
- So far this season, Trevor Lawrence is 40th overall among all players and 24th among all quarterbacks with 180.4 fantasy points (11.3 per game).
- Marvin Jones Jr. has racked up total 92.4 fantasy points this year (5.8 per game), which make him the 43rd-ranked receiver and the 125th-ranked player overall.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. averages 3.6 fantasy points per game on the way to 57.8 total fantasy points. That makes him the 194th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 69th-ranked receiver.
- Laquon Treadwell’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 99th among receivers and 247th overall with 41.0 points (2.6 per game).
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.