Oddsmakers give the Green Bay Packers (13-3) a decent chance to keep their five-game winning streak going, as they are favored by 3.5 points in a matchup against the Detroit Lions (2-13-1) on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at Ford Field. The game has a point total set at 44.5.
Packers vs. Lions Predictions
Packers vs. Lions Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Packers and Lions: Last Three Games
- Green Bay is 1-2-0 against the spread over its past three games, and has a 3-0 straight-up record in those contests.
- The final combined score of the last three Packers games has surpassed the set total two times.
- The past three Packers games averaged 44.5 points, equal to this matchup’s over/under.
- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall in its last three matchups.
- The Lions and their opponents have combined to hit the over one time in those games.
- The past three Lions games averaged 0.7 fewer points (43.8) than this matchup’s point total.
Packers and Lions: Betting Trends
- Green Bay has covered the spread 12 times over 16 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Packers went 6-3 against the spread.
- Green Bay games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this season.
- The Packers have compiled a 10-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 83.3% of those games).
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -185 or shorter, Green Bay has an 8-1 record (winning 88.9% of its games).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Packers have an implied win probability of 64.9%.
- Detroit has put together a 10-6-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Lions have an ATS record of 9-4 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Detroit games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season.
- The Lions have won two, or 12.5%, of the 16 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Detroit has a record of 2-10-1, a 15.4% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +156 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Green Bay and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total (44.5 points) 10 times this season.
- Eight of Detroit’s games finished with a combined score over 44.5 points this season.
- The Packers average 26.3 points per game against the Lions’ 18.0, totaling 0.2 points under the matchup’s over/under of 44.5.
- This game’s total is 3.7 fewer points than the 48.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- On average, the Packers have seen a 47.1 over/under in their games this season, 2.6 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Lions’ games have a total points bet of 45.4 points this season, 0.9 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Packers Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers is the No. 6 fantasy player overall and the No. 5 fantasy quarterback with 318.1 points (averaging 19.9 per game).
- Davante Adams has recorded 215.8 fantasy points this year (13.5 per game), good enough to place him 25th overall and fourth among receivers in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Aaron Jones is 43rd overall and 12th among running backs with 177.0 fantasy points (averaging 11.1 per game) so far this season.
- A.J. Dillon is working on the 62nd-ranked fantasy season (20th among running backs) with 144.9 fantasy points, averaging 9.1 per game.
Lions Players to Watch
- So far this season, Jared Goff is 43rd overall among all players and 25th among all quarterbacks with 177.0 fantasy points (11.1 per game).
- D’Andre Swift’s 136.3 total fantasy points (an average of 8.5 per game), are good enough to rank him 24th among running backs and 73rd overall.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown is 31st among receivers and 96th overall after scoring 115.2 fantasy points (averaging 7.2 per game) so far this season.
- Jamaal Williams’ fantasy season so far has him ranked 44th among running backs and 133rd overall with 88.6 points (5.5 per game).
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.