The South Alabama Jaguars (10-4, 0-0 Sun Belt) host the Appalachian State Mountaineers (7-8, 0-0 Sun Belt) after winning seven straight home games. The Jaguars are favored by 4.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 6, 2022. The over/under for the matchup is 135.5.
South Alabama vs. Appalachian State Predictions
South Alabama vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds
|South Alabama||-4.5||135.5 points|
South Alabama vs. Appalachian State Last 10 Games
- South Alabama covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- South Alabama’s last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Jaguars’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 135.8 points scored. That’s 0.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Jaguars have scored 4.2 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Appalachian State is 4-6 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Appalachian State’s past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The Mountaineers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 133.3 points scored. That’s 2.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Mountaineers have a 62.8 points-per-game average, 4.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
South Alabama vs. Appalachian State Betting Trends
- South Alabama has covered the spread six times in 10 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Jaguars went 3-0 against the spread.
- This season, six of South Alabama’s games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The Jaguars average 13.2 more points per game (75.9) than the Mountaineers give up (62.7).
- South Alabama has a 6-2 record against the spread and a 10-2 record overall when putting up more than 62.7 points.
- Appalachian State has covered the spread eight times in 13 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 4.5 points or more, the Mountaineers are 5-0 against the spread.
- This season, six of Appalachian State’s games have gone over the point total out of 13 chances.
- The Mountaineers score an average of 67.7 points per game, just 4.7 more points than the 63 the Jaguars give up.
- When it scores more than 63 points, Appalachian State is 2-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
South Alabama vs. Appalachian State Over/Under Trends
- Six South Alabama games this season have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- This season, five of Appalachian State’s games have ended with a score higher than 135.5 points.
- The Jaguars average 75.9 points per game against the Mountaineers’ 67.7, amounting to 8.1 points over the game’s point total of 135.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 125.7 points per game, 9.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Jaguars have seen a 135.8 average over/under in their games this season, 0.3 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Mountaineers games have an over/under of 132.8 points this season, 2.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
South Alabama Team Leaders
- Charles Manning Jr.: 17.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 1.2 BLK, 46.6 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (13-for-45)
- Jay Jay Chandler: 15.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.2 FG%, 34 3PT% (18-for-53)
- Javon Franklin: 11 PTS, 7 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 68.4 FG%
- Diante Smith: 8.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
- Alex Anderson: 9.2 PTS, 55.4 FG%
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 16 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (44-for-106)
- Donovan Gregory: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 57.7 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 9.6 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (24-for-85)
- Justin Forrest: 9.5 PTS, 29 FG%, 19.4 3PT% (13-for-67)
- James Lewis: 5.3 PTS, 48.1 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.