The Illinois Fighting Illini (10-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are heavily favored (-11.5) to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Maryland Terrapins (8-5, 0-0 Big Ten) at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 6, 2022 at State Farm Center. The matchup has an over/under of 143.
Illinois vs. Maryland Predictions
Illinois vs. Maryland Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Illinois covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Illinois’ past 10 games saw eight hit the over.
- The last 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 142.8 total points, 0.2 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Fighting Illini are scoring 1.3 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Maryland covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Terrapins games averaged 138.1 total points, 4.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Terrapins are scoring 69.7 points per game compared to their 70.7 season average.
Illinois vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Illinois has compiled a 7-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 11.5 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 3-2 against the spread.
- This season, nine of Illinois’ games have gone over the point total.
- The Fighting Illini score 13.9 more points per game (80.8) than the Terrapins give up (66.9).
- Illinois is 7-4 against the spread and 10-1 overall when scoring more than 66.9 points.
- Maryland has put together a 5-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- Maryland games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this year.
- The Terrapins score 6.1 more points per game (70.7) than the Fighting Illini give up to opponents (64.6).
- When it scores more than 64.6 points, Maryland is 5-5 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Illinois vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- This season, Illinois games have hit the over on this matchup’s 143-point total seven times.
- In Maryland’s 13 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 143.
- Together, the two teams combine for 151.5 points per game, 8.5 points more than the total of 143 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 131.5 points per game, 11.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Fighting Illini games is 142.4 points, 0.6 fewer than the over/under of 143 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.5 points separates this matchup’s over/under (143 points) and the average total points bet in Terrapins’ games (138.5 points) this season.
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 18.8 PTS, 9.9 REB, 60.9 FG%
- Alfonso Plummer: 16.8 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 43.3 3PT% (42-for-97)
- Coleman Hawkins: 7.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.1 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (10-for-33)
- Jacob Grandison: 11.7 PTS, 54.6 FG%, 52.8 3PT% (28-for-53)
- Trent Frazier: 9.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.6 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (26-for-68)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 15.2 PTS, 38.8 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (29-for-86)
- Donta Scott: 11.3 PTS, 7 REB, 40.1 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (15-for-54)
- Fatts Russell: 12.6 PTS, 41 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
- Qudus Wahab: 10.1 PTS, 7.4 REB, 62 FG%
- Hakim Hart: 9.5 PTS, 1.9 STL, 51.9 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (13-for-36)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.