The SMU Mustangs (11-3, 0-0 AAC) are 1.5-point underdogs as they look to continue an eight-game win streak when they visit the Cincinnati Bearcats (10-4, 0-0 AAC) on Thursday, January 6, 2022 at Fifth Third Arena. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 139.5.
Cincinnati vs. SMU Predictions
Cincinnati vs. SMU Betting Odds
Cincinnati vs. SMU Last 10 Games
- Cincinnati covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Cincinnati’s last 10 games saw three hit the over.
- The past 10 Bearcats games averaged 3.8 fewer points (135.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Bearcats have scored 6.2 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- SMU is 8-2 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- SMU and its opponents have hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Mustangs games averaged 2.4 more points (141.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Mustangs have scored 1.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 78.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Cincinnati vs. SMU Betting Trends
- Cincinnati has covered the spread six times over 12 games with a set spread.
- The Bearcats are 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, four of Cincinnati’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The 65.2 points per game the Bearcats put up are the same as the Mustangs allow.
- When Cincinnati scores more than 68 points, it is 3-3 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- SMU has gone 8-8-0 against the spread this year.
- The Mustangs have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving SMU have hit the over 12 times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Mustangs score an average of 78.3 points per game, 21.8 more points than the 56.5 the Bearcats allow to opponents.
- SMU has put together a 7-6 ATS record and an 11-3 overall record in games it scores more than 56.5 points.
Cincinnati vs. SMU Over/Under Trends
- This season, Cincinnati games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 139.5-point over/under five times.
- In SMU’s 16 games this season, 14 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 139.5.
- The over/under for the game of 139.5 is four points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bearcats (65.2 points per game) and the Mustangs (78.3 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 124.5 points per game, 15 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Bearcats games is 3.9 points fewer than the over/under of 139.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 3.3 points separates the average total points bet in Mustangs’ games (142.8 points) and this game’s over/under (139.5 points).
Cincinnati Team Leaders
- Jeremiah Davenport: 11.2 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (25-for-79)
- David Dejulius: 11.2 PTS, 37.5 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (14-for-58)
- Mika Adams-Woods: 7.6 PTS, 32.4 FG%, 26 3PT% (13-for-50)
- Mike Saunders Jr.: 8.8 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (12-for-31)
- John Newman III: 5.9 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 25 3PT% (6-for-24)
SMU Team Leaders
- Kendric Davis: 21.5 PTS, 5.4 AST, 1.6 STL, 48.6 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (35-for-91)
- Marcus Weathers: 10.4 PTS, 7 REB, 55.3 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (7-for-18)
- Michael Weathers: 7.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 41.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Zach Nutall: 9.4 PTS, 38.6 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (29-for-83)
- Emmanuel Bandoumel: 10.1 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (29-for-76)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.