The Northwestern Wildcats (8-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are at home in Big Ten play against the Penn State Nittany Lions (6-5, 0-0 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The Wildcats are 5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has a point total of 128.5.
Northwestern vs. Penn State Predictions
Northwestern vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Northwestern vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Northwestern has covered the spread seven times this season (7-4-0).
- In games they were favored in by 5 points or more so far this season, the Wildcats have gone 4-2 against the spread.
- This season, Northwestern’s games have hit the over seven times.
- The Wildcats record 77.9 points per game, 12.7 more points than the 65.2 the Nittany Lions give up.
- When Northwestern totals more than 65.2 points, it is 5-4 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
- Penn State has covered the spread six times in 11 games with a set spread.
- The Nittany Lions are a perfect 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- This year, Penn State’s games have hit the over four times out of 12 chances.
- The Nittany Lions score an average of 66.7 points per game, only 4.8 more points than the 61.9 the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Penn State has put together a 2-5 ATS record and a 4-3 overall record in games it scores more than 61.9 points.
Northwestern vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- This season, nine of Northwestern’s 11 games have gone over Wednesday’s total of 128.5 points.
- There have been seven Penn State games that have finished with a combined score higher than 128.5 points this season.
- The Wildcats average 77.9 points per game against the Nittany Lions’ 66.7, amounting to 16.1 points over the contest’s point total of 128.5.
- This game’s over/under is 1.4 fewer points than the 127.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Wildcats games is 140.3 points, 11.8 more than the over/under of 128.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 7.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Nittany Lions’ games this season (135.9 points).
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 16 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.8 BLK, 51.1 FG%, 40 3PT% (12-for-30)
- Boo Buie: 14.6 PTS, 5.5 AST, 37.8 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (20-for-67)
- Ryan Young: 10.6 PTS, 63.1 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6 PTS, 50 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (9-for-26)
- Ty Berry: 8.3 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (24-for-52)
Penn State Team Leaders
- John Harrar: 10.9 PTS, 10.7 REB, 69.6 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 14.1 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (23-for-67)
- Jalen Pickett: 12.2 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
- Sam Sessoms: 13 PTS, 50.5 FG%, 45.2 3PT% (14-for-31)
- Myles Dread: 6.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.7 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (22-for-56)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.