The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (7-5, 0-0 ACC) are 2.5-point underdogs as they look to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the North Carolina Tar Heels (10-3, 0-0 ACC) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at Purcell Pavilion. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 147.
North Carolina vs. Notre Dame Predictions
North Carolina vs. Notre Dame Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-2.5||147 points|
North Carolina vs. Notre Dame Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread seven times this season (7-6-0).
- The Tar Heels are 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, six of North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tar Heels average 79.5 points per game, 14.1 more points than the 65.4 the Fighting Irish allow.
- North Carolina is 5-7 against the spread and 10-3 overall when scoring more than 65.4 points.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread six times in 12 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 2.5 points or more so far this year, the Fighting Irish have gone 3-0 against the spread.
- Notre Dame games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this year.
- The Fighting Irish’s 70.1 points per game are just 0.8 fewer points than the 70.9 the Tar Heels give up.
- Notre Dame has put together a 2-2 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record in games it scores more than 70.9 points.
North Carolina vs. Notre Dame Over/Under Trends
- Seven North Carolina games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 147 points.
- This season, three games Notre Dame played finished with a combined score over 147 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 147 is 2.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tar Heels (79.5 points per game) and the Fighting Irish (70.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 10.7 fewer points than the 136.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Tar Heels games is 150.7 points, 3.7 more than the over/under of 147 points for this contest.
- A difference of 11 points separates this contest’s over/under (147 points) and the average total points bet in Fighting Irish’s games (136 points) this season.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 15.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.6 BLK, 63.3 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.7 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (27-for-62)
- RJ Davis: 13.3 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (22-for-48)
- Brady Manek: 12.7 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (22-for-63)
- Dawson Garcia: 10 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (11-for-24)
Notre Dame Team Leaders
- Dane Goodwin: 14.9 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 49.2 3PT% (29-for-59)
- Paul Atkinson: 12.2 PTS, 58.2 FG%
- Blake Wesley: 13.3 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (21-for-61)
- Nate Laszewski: 7.6 PTS, 7.2 REB, 44.9 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (18-for-46)
- Cormac Ryan: 8.5 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (16-for-49)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.