The Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-8, 0-0 Big Ten) are heavy underdogs (by 16 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the No. 10 Michigan State Spartans (12-2, 0-0 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is 150.5 in the matchup.
Michigan State vs. Nebraska Predictions
Michigan State vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-16||150.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Michigan State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Michigan State’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The Spartans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.7 points scored. That’s 11.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Spartans’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 1.8 points lower than their season-long average.
- Nebraska covered the spread nine times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Nebraska games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Cornhuskers games averaged 144.7 total points, 5.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Cornhuskers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 75.9, 0.6 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Michigan State vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Michigan State has covered the spread nine times in 13 games with a set spread.
- The Spartans are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 16-point favorites.
- Games involving Michigan State have hit the over seven times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Spartans put up 75.6 points per game, just 1.5 fewer points than the 77.1 the Cornhuskers allow.
- Michigan State is 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 77.1 points.
- Nebraska has covered the spread in a game 10 times this season (10-4-0).
- Nebraska games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this year.
- The Cornhuskers put up an average of 75.3 points per game, 9.9 more points than the 65.4 the Spartans allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 65.4 points, Nebraska is 6-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
Michigan State vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to score more than 150.5 points in a game just once this season.
- This season, seven of Nebraska’s games have ended with a score higher than 150.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 150.5 is 0.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (75.6 points per game) and the Cornhuskers (75.3 points per game).
- This game’s total is eight fewer points than the 142.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Spartans games is 11.8 points fewer than the over/under of 150.5 points in this matchup.
- Cornhuskers games have an over/under of 145.2 points this season, 5.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 10.2 PTS, 7.5 REB, 2.6 BLK, 58.3 FG%, 25 3PT% (2-for-8)
- Gabe Brown: 14.6 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (35-for-88)
- Tyson Walker: 6.5 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.4 STL, 38.8 FG%, 54.5 3PT% (12-for-22)
- Malik Hall: 9.7 PTS, 60.5 FG%, 53.8 3PT% (14-for-26)
- Joey Hauser: 6.7 PTS, 37.5 FG%, 35 3PT% (14-for-40)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 15.6 PTS, 5.6 AST, 1.6 STL, 44.8 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (7-for-26)
- Bryce McGowens: 15.8 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 25 3PT% (17-for-68)
- Derrick Walker: 9.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.4 BLK, 76.1 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 7.8 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
- Keisei Tominaga: 8.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.3 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (26-for-77)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.