The Mercer Bears (7-6, 0-0 SoCon) host the Samford Bulldogs (10-3, 0-0 SoCon) in a matchup of SoCon teams at Hawkins Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 5, 2022. The Bulldogs are 6-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has a point total of 143.
Mercer vs. Samford Predictions
Mercer vs. Samford Betting Odds
Mercer vs. Samford Last 10 Games
- Mercer covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Mercer games has gone over the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Bears games averaged 140.2 total points, 2.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Bears’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 1.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- Samford has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Samford and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 148.2 total points, 5.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Bulldogs have a 70.1 points-per-game average, 4.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
Mercer vs. Samford Betting Trends
- Mercer is 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bears are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Mercer games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 11 chances this season.
- The 71.8 points per game the Bears put up are the same as the Bulldogs allow.
- Mercer is 5-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when scoring more than 72.8 points.
- Samford is 7-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Bulldogs are a perfect 5-0 ATS when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- This season, Samford’s games have hit the over five times out of 10 chances.
- The Bulldogs put up only 4.7 more points per game (74.5) than the Bears allow their opponents to score (69.8).
- When it scores more than 69.8 points, Samford is 4-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Mercer vs. Samford Over/Under Trends
- Six Mercer games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 143 points.
- Six of Samford’s games ended with a combined score higher than 143 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 143 is 3.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bears (71.8 points per game) and the Bulldogs (74.5 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 0.4 fewer points than the 142.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Bears games is 1.9 points fewer than the over/under of 143 points in this matchup.
- Bulldogs’ games have a total points bet of 148.2 points this season, 5.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Mercer Team Leaders
- Felipe Haase: 14.5 PTS, 1.8 STL, 54.2 FG%, 50 3PT% (33-for-66)
- Jalen Johnson: 14.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.2 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (34-for-82)
- James Glisson III: 10.5 PTS, 50 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (11-for-32)
- Neftali Alvarez: 13.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 50.5 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (7-for-30)
- Kamar Robertson: 8.2 PTS, 1.7 STL, 32.4 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (12-for-54)
Samford Team Leaders
- Jermaine Marshall: 11.7 PTS, 8.8 REB, 47.3 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (12-for-44)
- Ques Glover: 19.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.5 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
- Jaden Campbell: 11 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.7 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (25-for-66)
- Jacob Tryon: 6.8 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 60 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (12-for-26)
- Wesley Cardet Jr.: 8.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 36 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.