The Indiana State Sycamores (8-6, 0-0 MVC) are favored (-6.5) to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the Evansville Purple Aces (4-9, 0-0 MVC) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at Hulman Center. The over/under in the matchup is set at 135.5.
Indiana State vs. Evansville Predictions
Indiana State vs. Evansville Betting Odds
|Indiana State||-6.5||135.5 points|
Indiana State vs. Evansville Last 10 Games
- Indiana State covered the spread eight times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Indiana State’s last 10 contests saw eight hit the over.
- The last 10 Sycamores games averaged 141.2 total points, 5.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Sycamores are scoring 6.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Evansville is 2-8 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Evansville’s last 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Purple Aces games averaged 7.4 fewer points (128.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Purple Aces have scored 1.3 more points per contest compared to their 61.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Indiana State vs. Evansville Betting Trends
- Indiana State is 10-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Sycamores are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, Indiana State’s games have hit the over 10 times out of 13 chances.
- The 75.9 points per game the Sycamores put up are 8.8 more points than the Purple Aces allow (67.1).
- When Indiana State puts up more than 67.1 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Evansville is 11-1-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Purple Aces have a perfect ATS record of 5-0.
- Evansville games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of 12 chances this year.
- The Purple Aces’ 61.7 points per game are 8.7 fewer points than the 70.4 the Sycamores give up.
- When it scores more than 70.4 points, Evansville is 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
Indiana State vs. Evansville Over/Under Trends
- This season, Indiana State and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 135.5 points 11 times.
- This season, three of Evansville’s games have ended with a score higher than 135.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 137.6 points per game, 2.1 points more than the total of 135.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 137.5 points per game, 2.0 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Sycamores have seen a 141.2 average over/under in their games this season, 5.7 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 6.7 points separates this contest’s over/under (135.5 points) and the average total points bet in Purple Aces’ games (128.8 points) this season.
Indiana State Team Leaders
- Cameron Henry: 12.3 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (17-for-48)
- Cooper Neese: 14.9 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (33-for-106)
- Micah Thomas: 12.4 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (26-for-67)
- Xavier Bledson: 8.4 PTS, 48 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (6-for-18)
- Kailex Stephens: 7.8 PTS, 49.4 FG%, 25.9 3PT% (7-for-27)
Evansville Team Leaders
- Shamar Givance: 14.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45.2 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (15-for-49)
- Jawaun Newton: 13.8 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (20-for-61)
- Noah Frederking: 8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 34.4 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (19-for-69)
- Evan Kuhlman: 7.2 PTS, 34.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (16-for-49)
- Blaise Beauchamp: 7.1 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (17-for-47)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.