In this season’s College Football Playoff National Championship, the Georgia Bulldogs (13-1, SEC) are the favorites, but by less than a field goal (-2.5) over the Alabama Crimson Tide (13-1, 8-1 SEC). Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana will host the matchup on January 10, 2022, starting at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 52.5 in the outing.
Georgia vs. Alabama Predictions
Georgia vs. Alabama Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Georgia vs. Alabama: Last 3 Games
- Georgia has covered the spread twice, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- In its past three contests, Georgia has gone over the total once.
- The Bulldogs average total over the last three games is 2.7 points fewer than the 52.5 total given for this matchup.
- Alabama has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, in its past three contests.
- Alabama has hit the over once in its past three contests.
- The Crimson Tide have averaged a total of 54.5 combined points over their last three games, two greater than this matchup’s over/under of 52.5.
Georgia vs. Alabama Betting Trends
- Georgia has covered the spread in a game nine times this season (9-5-0).
- The Bulldogs are 8-5 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, Georgia’s games have hit the over six times.
- The Bulldogs have won 90% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (9-1).
- Georgia has not yet played as a moneyline favorite of or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Bulldogs’ implied win probability is 0.0%.
- Alabama has covered the spread eight times in 13 games with a set spread.
- The Crimson Tide are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Alabama have hit the over five times out of 13 chances this year.
- The Crimson Tide won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Alabama has entered 13 games this season as the underdog by or more and won each of those games.
Georgia vs. Alabama: Over/Under Trends
- Georgia and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s over/under (52.5 points) six times this season.
- This season, 10 games Alabama played finished with a combined score over 52.5 points.
- The total for the matchup of 52.5 is 27.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bulldogs (39 points per game) and the Crimson Tide (41.4 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 23.7 fewer points than the 28.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The Bulldogs have seen a 50.8 average over/under in their games this season, 1.7 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 9.4 points separates the average total points bet in Crimson Tide’s games (61.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (52.5 points).
Georgia Players to Watch
- Stetson Bennett has thrown for 2,635 yards (188.2 ypg) to lead Georgia, completing 64.5% of his passes and collecting 27 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 283 rushing yards (20.2 ypg) on 48 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Zamir White has carried the ball 147 times for a team-high 772 yards (55.1 per game), with 10 touchdowns this year.
- This season James Cook has piled up 651 yards (46.5 per game) on 107 carries with seven touchdowns, while also catching 24 passes for 256 yards (18.3 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Brock Bowers’ 859 receiving yards (61.4 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 53 receptions and 12 touchdowns.
- Jermaine Burton has put together a 469-yard season so far (33.5 receiving yards per game) with five touchdowns, hauling in 24 passes.
- Ladd McConkey’s 30 grabs have netted him 444 yards (31.7 ypg) and five touchdowns.
Alabama Players to Watch
- Bryce Young has 4,496 passing yards (321.1 ypg) to lead Alabama, completing 67.6% of his passes and collecting 46 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Brian Robinson Jr. has carried the ball 247 times for a team-high 1,266 yards (90.4 per game), with 14 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 32 catches for 268 yards (19.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Trey Sanders has rushed for 315 yards (22.5 per game) on 71 carries with two touchdowns.
- Jameson Williams’ 1,507 receiving yards (107.6 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 75 receptions and 15 touchdowns.
- John Metchie has totaled 1,135 receiving yards (81.1 yards per game) and eight touchdowns, reeling in 96 passes this year.
- Slade Bolden’s 35 receptions have netted him 364 yards (26 ypg) and three touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.