SoCon opponents meet when the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (8-6, 0-0 SoCon) host the VMI Keydets (9-5, 0-0 SoCon) at Freedom Hall Civic Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 5, 2022. The Keydets are 3.5-point underdogs in the game. The over/under is set at 142.5 in the matchup.
East Tennessee State vs. VMI Predictions
East Tennessee State vs. VMI Betting Odds
|East Tennessee State||-3.5||142.5 points|
East Tennessee State vs. VMI Last 10 Games
- East Tennessee State is 6-4 overall and 5-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- East Tennessee State’s last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Buccaneers games averaged 3.5 fewer points (139) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Buccaneers have a points-per-game average 1.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- VMI is 6-4 overall and 5-4-1 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- VMI and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Keydets games averaged 143.5 total points, one more point than this matchup’s point total.
- The Keydets’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 74.1, 5.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
East Tennessee State vs. VMI Betting Trends
- East Tennessee State is 7-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are winless against the spread when they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more (0-4).
- East Tennessee State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this season.
- The Buccaneers average only 3.3 more points per game (69.6) than the Keydets allow (66.3).
- East Tennessee State has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when scoring more than 66.3 points.
- VMI has covered the spread in a matchup six times this season (6-4-1).
- The Keydets have an ATS record of 2-2-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- VMI games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Keydets average 8.5 more points per game (79.2) than the Buccaneers give up to opponents (70.7).
- VMI has put together a 4-3-1 ATS record and an 8-3 overall record in games it scores more than 70.7 points.
East Tennessee State vs. VMI Over/Under Trends
- East Tennessee State and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Wednesday’s over/under of 142.5 points seven times this season.
- There have been eight VMI games that have ended with a combined score over 142.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.8 points per game, 6.3 points more than the point total of 142.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 137 points per game, 5.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Buccaneers have seen a 138.7 average over/under in their games this season, 3.8 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of one point separates the average total points bet in Keydets’ games (143.5 points) and this game’s over/under (142.5 points).
East Tennessee State Team Leaders
- Ledarrius Brewer: 11.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.8 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
- David Sloan: 11.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.6 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (29-for-66)
- Ty Brewer: 10.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38.7 FG%, 30 3PT% (15-for-50)
- Jordan King: 12.1 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (34-for-80)
- Charlie Weber: 7.7 PTS, 54.8 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (4-for-14)
VMI Team Leaders
- Jake Stephens: 17.2 PTS, 8.4 REB, 2.1 BLK, 53.2 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (26-for-61)
- Kamdyn Curfman: 17.9 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (53-for-128)
- Sean Conway: 10.1 PTS, 7 REB, 38.1 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (30-for-89)
- Tanner Mans: 6.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.6 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (18-for-46)
- Trey Bonham: 9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.4 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (11-for-27)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.