The NC State Wolf Pack (7-7, 0-0 ACC) are big, 10-point underdogs as they look to stop a five-game losing streak when they visit the Virginia Tech Hokies (8-5, 0-0 ACC) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at Cassell Coliseum. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.5.
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-10||138.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Hokies games averaged 4.2 fewer points (134.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Hokies have a points-per-game average 0.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
- NC State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- NC State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Wolf Pack games averaged 142.7 total points, 4.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Wolf Pack’s per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 77.2, 0.2 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread eight times this season (8-4-0).
- In games they have played as 10-point favorites or more, the Hokies have an ATS record of 6-0.
- This season, five of Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Hokies average 5.0 fewer points per game (71.1) than the Wolf Pack allow (76.1).
- When Virginia Tech totals more than 76.1 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- NC State has gone 7-7-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 10-point underdogs or more, the Wolf Pack have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This year, 12 of NC State’s games have gone over the point total out of 15 chances.
- The Wolf Pack put up an average of 77.4 points per game, 19.4 more points than the 58.0 the Hokies give up.
- When it scores more than 58.0 points, NC State is 3-10 against the spread and 7-7 overall.
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Over/Under Trends
- Four Virginia Tech games this season have gone over Tuesday’s total of 138.5 points.
- There have been 13 NC State games that have finished with a combined score over 138.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.5 points per game, 10.0 points more than the over/under of 138.5 for this contest.
- The 134.1 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 4.4 fewer than the 138.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Hokies games is 134.0 points, 4.5 fewer than the over/under of 138.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Wolf Pack’s games this season (143.4 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.0 PTS, 51.0 FG%, 22.6 3PT% (7-for-31)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.2 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.3 STL, 51.9 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (8-for-25)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.1 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (30-for-67)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.1 PTS, 33.1 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (21-for-61)
- Storm Murphy: 8.2 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (20-for-53)
NC State Team Leaders
- Dereon Seabron: 19.6 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.7 STL, 54.2 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (4-for-22)
- Jericole Hellems: 14.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.2 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (27-for-69)
- Terquavion Smith: 14.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.2 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (36-for-98)
- Cam Hayes: 9.9 PTS, 34.8 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (14-for-58)
- Ebenezer Dowuona: 3.9 PTS, 2.4 BLK, 60.6 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.