The Sam Houston Bearkats (6-8, 0-0 WAC) are at home in WAC action against the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (5-7, 0-0 WAC) on Monday, January 3, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET. The Bearkats are favored by 7.5 points in the game. The point total is 143 for the matchup.
Sam Houston vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Predictions
Sam Houston vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Odds
|Sam Houston||-7.5||143 points|
Sam Houston vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Trends
- Sam Houston is 11-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bearkats are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Sam Houston have hit the over five times out of 12 chances this season.
- The 72.6 points per game the Bearkats average are the same as the Vaqueros give up.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has covered the spread in a game eight times this season (8-2-0).
- In games they were an underdog in by 7.5 points or more so far this season, the Vaqueros went 4-0 against the spread.
- UT Rio Grande Valley games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 10 chances this year.
- The Vaqueros average six more points per game (72.3) than the Bearkats allow their opponents to score (66.3).
- When it scores more than 66.3 points, UT Rio Grande Valley is 4-2 against the spread and 5-4 overall.
Sam Houston vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Over/Under Trends
- Sam Houston and its opponents have combined to score more than 143 points in a game just twice this season.
- Seven of UT Rio Grande Valley’s games ended with a combined score higher than 143 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 144.9 points per game, 1.9 points more than the point total of 143 for this game.
- This game’s point total is 0.6 fewer points than the 143.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Bearkats games is 6.3 points fewer than the over/under of 143 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.6 points separates the average total points bet in Vaqueros’ games (145.6 points) and this contest’s over/under (143 points).
Sam Houston Team Leaders
- Savion Flagg: 19.2 PTS, 7.9 REB, 44.7 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (37-for-96)
- Tristan Ikpe: 7.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 52.1 FG%, 50 3PT% (2-for-4)
- Demarkus Lampley: 11.6 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (37-for-103)
- Jaden Ray: 6.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (12-for-36)
- Javion May: 5.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 53.3 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (5-for-16)
UT Rio Grande Valley Team Leaders
- Justin Johnson: 17 PTS, 52.6 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (17-for-39)
- Ricky Nelson: 11.3 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 61.1 3PT% (11-for-18)
- Marek Nelson: 10.9 PTS, 2 STL, 45.2 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (10-for-36)
- Mike Adewunmi: 8.2 PTS, 41.1 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (10-for-36)
- RayQuan Taylor: 7.3 PTS, 7.1 REB, 57.6 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (3-for-14)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.