The Marquette Golden Eagles (8-6, 0-0 Big East) are slight underdogs (by 2 points) to break a three-game home losing streak when they host the No. 16 Providence Friars (13-1, 0-0 Big East) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 137.5.
Providence vs. Marquette Predictions
Providence vs. Marquette Betting Odds
Providence vs. Marquette Last 10 Games
- Providence covered the spread three times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Providence and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Friars’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 133.6 points scored. That’s 3.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Friars have a points-per-game average 3.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Marquette has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Marquette games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Golden Eagles games averaged 142.2 total points, 4.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Golden Eagles’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 70.5, 1.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Providence vs. Marquette Betting Trends
- Providence is 5-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Friars have an ATS record of 3-4 when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- This season, five of Providence’s games have gone over the point total out of 13 chances.
- The Friars average 69.8 points per game, just 1.5 fewer points than the 71.3 the Golden Eagles allow.
- Providence has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when putting up more than 71.3 points.
- Marquette has put together an 8-6-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Golden Eagles are 6-2 ATS when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- Marquette’s games have gone over the total seven times this season.
- The Golden Eagles score an average of 72.4 points per game, 11.3 more points than the 61.1 the Friars allow to opponents.
- Marquette is 6-6 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it scores more than 61.1 points.
Providence vs. Marquette Over/Under Trends
- Providence and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (137.5 points) five times this season.
- In Marquette’s 14 games this season, nine have finished with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s point total of 137.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 142.2 points per game, 4.7 points more than the total of 137.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 5.1 fewer points than the 132.4 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Friars games is 133.9 points, 3.6 fewer than the over/under of 137.5 points for this contest.
- Golden Eagles’ games have a total points bet of 141.8 points this season, 4.3 points more than the over/under for this game.
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 10.5 PTS, 8.3 REB, 45.5 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (24-for-53)
- Nate Watson: 13.9 PTS, 56.5 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.1 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (12-for-51)
- A.J. Reeves: 10.7 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
- Justin Minaya: 4.9 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (8-for-31)
Marquette Team Leaders
- Justin Lewis: 15.2 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.1 STL, 41.7 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (17-for-66)
- Tyler Kolek: 6.8 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.8 STL, 27.3 FG%, 21.9 3PT% (14-for-64)
- Darryl Morsell: 12.8 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (21-for-55)
- Kur Kuath: 5.2 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 62.3 FG%
- Oso Ighodaro: 6.0 PTS, 78.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.