The Illinois Fighting Illini (9-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are favored (by 5.5 points) to build on a three-game road win streak when they visit the Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-1, 0-0 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 140.
Illinois vs. Minnesota Predictions
Illinois vs. Minnesota Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Minnesota Betting Trends
- Illinois is 6-6-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 4-5 against the spread.
- Illinois’ games have gone over the total nine times this season.
- The Fighting Illini record 18.1 more points per game (81.2) than the Golden Gophers give up (63.1).
- Illinois has a 6-5 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when putting up more than 63.1 points.
- Minnesota has put together a 6-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total six times this year.
- The Golden Gophers score an average of 72 points per game, 6.4 more points than the 65.6 the Fighting Illini allow to opponents.
- Minnesota has put together a 6-3 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record in games it scores more than 65.6 points.
Illinois vs. Minnesota Over/Under Trends
- This season, Illinois games have gone over this matchup’s 140-point over/under seven times.
- This season, six of Minnesota’s games have ended with a score higher than 140 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 153.2 points per game, 13.2 points more than the point total of 140 for this game.
- These two teams surrender a combined 128.7 points per game, 11.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Fighting Illini games is 142.6 points, 2.6 more than the over/under of 140 points for this contest.
- A difference of 6.6 points separates this game’s over/under (140 points) and the average total points bet in Golden Gophers’ games (133.4 points) this season.
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 17.8 PTS, 9.9 REB, 62.2 FG%
- Alfonso Plummer: 17.3 PTS, 50 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (42-for-94)
- Coleman Hawkins: 8.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.9 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (10-for-33)
- Jacob Grandison: 11.8 PTS, 53.3 FG%, 51 3PT% (26-for-51)
- Trent Frazier: 9.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.4 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (25-for-64)
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 16.3 PTS, 1.6 STL, 50.4 FG%, 46 3PT% (29-for-63)
- Jamison Battle: 18.9 PTS, 49.7 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (28-for-78)
- Eric Curry: 8.1 PTS, 43.9 FG%
- E.J. Stephens: 11 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.3 FG%, 43.2 3PT% (19-for-44)
- Luke Loewe: 7.7 PTS, 40 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (8-for-31)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.