Two streaking teams square off when the Akron Zips (8-3, 0-0 MAC) host the Ohio Bobcats (10-2, 0-0 MAC) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET. The Zips are 1.5-point favorites and put their six-game win streak on the line against the Bobcats, winners of five straight. The point total is set at 130.5 for the matchup.
Akron vs. Ohio Predictions
Akron vs. Ohio Betting Odds
Akron vs. Ohio Betting Trends
- Akron is 3-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Zips have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, five of Akron’s games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The Zips put up 74.4 points per game, 9.5 more points than the 64.9 the Bobcats allow.
- Akron is 6-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 64.9 points.
- Ohio has covered the spread six times this season (6-5-0).
- The Bobcats have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Ohio’s games have gone over the total four times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Bobcats score 11.5 more points per game (72.3) than the Zips give up to opponents (60.8).
- Ohio has put together a 4-3 ATS record and an 8-0 overall record in games it scores more than 60.8 points.
Akron vs. Ohio Over/Under Trends
- Akron and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (130.5 points) five times this season.
- There have been seven Ohio games that have ended with a combined score higher than 130.5 points this season.
- The point total for the matchup of 130.5 is 16.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Zips (74.4 points per game) and the Bobcats (72.3 points per game).
- The 125.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 4.8 fewer than the 130.5 total in this contest.
- The Zips have seen a 136.7 average over/under in their games this season, 6.2 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 14.0 points separates the average total points bet in Bobcats’ games (144.5 points) and this game’s over/under (130.5 points).
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.7 PTS, 11.2 REB, 1.1 BLK, 65.5 FG%
- Ali Ali: 14.5 PTS, 49.0 FG%, 45.7 3PT% (16-for-35)
- Xavier Castaneda: 11.1 PTS, 38.6 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (23-for-58)
- Aziz Bandaogo: 4.8 PTS, 1.6 BLK, 47.5 FG%
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 10.8 PTS, 34.9 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
Ohio Team Leaders
- Mark Sears: 18.7 PTS, 2.0 STL, 47.2 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (15-for-34)
- Jason Carter: 13.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.3 STL, 1.2 BLK, 43.9 FG%, 22.9 3PT% (8-for-35)
- Ben Vander Plas: 12.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 42.1 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (22-for-67)
- Miles Brown: 7.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (14-for-42)
- Ben Roderick: 7.2 PTS, 28.7 FG%, 18.9 3PT% (10-for-53)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.