A pair of hot teams hit the court when the Iowa Hawkeyes (10-3, 0-0 Big Ten) host the Maryland Terrapins (8-4, 0-0 Big Ten) on Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The Terrapins are 7.5-point underdogs and will attempt to keep their three-game win streak intact against the Hawkeyes, who have won three straight. The matchup’s point total is set at 151.5.
Iowa vs. Maryland Predictions
Iowa vs. Maryland Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Iowa is 9-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7.5-point favorites or more, the Hawkeyes have an ATS record of 6-2.
- Games involving Iowa have hit the over 10 times this season.
- The Hawkeyes put up 87.9 points per game, 22.1 more points than the 65.8 the Terrapins allow.
- When Iowa puts up more than 65.8 points, it is 9-3 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Maryland has covered the spread four times this season (4-8-0).
- Maryland’s games have gone over the total four times this year.
- The Terrapins average just 0.1 more points per game (70.3) than the Hawkeyes allow their opponents to score (70.2).
- Maryland is 2-3 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it scores more than 70.2 points.
Iowa vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- This season, Iowa games have gone over this game’s 151.5-point over/under eight times.
- This season, just two Maryland games have finished with more combined scoring than Monday’s point total of 151.5.
- The Hawkeyes average 87.9 points per game against the Terrapins’ 70.3, totaling 6.7 points over the game’s total of 151.5.
- The 136 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 15.5 fewer than the 151.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Hawkeyes games is 149.8 points, 1.7 fewer than the over/under of 151.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 14 points separates this contest’s over/under (151.5 points) and the average total points bet in Terrapins’ games (137.5 points) this season.
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.7 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.6 STL, 2 BLK, 58.4 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (16-for-53)
- Kris Murray: 9.1 PTS, 50 FG%, 47.1 3PT% (16-for-34)
- Patrick McCaffery: 10 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (10-for-33)
- Jordan Bohannon: 10.9 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (31-for-77)
- Tony Perkins: 8.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.2 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 14.9 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (24-for-77)
- Donta Scott: 11.3 PTS, 7.3 REB, 39.4 FG%, 28 3PT% (14-for-50)
- Fatts Russell: 12.3 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (10-for-29)
- Qudus Wahab: 9.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 60.3 FG%
- Hakim Hart: 9.3 PTS, 2 STL, 55.2 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.