The Valparaiso Beacons (7-6, 0-0 MVC) host the Illinois State Redbirds (8-6, 0-0 MVC) in a matchup of MVC teams at Athletics-Recreation Center, beginning at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 2, 2022. The Beacons are 3.5-point favorites in the game. The over/under for the matchup is set at 139.
Valparaiso vs. Illinois State Predictions
Valparaiso vs. Illinois State Betting Odds
Valparaiso vs. Illinois State Last 10 Games
- Valparaiso is 5-5 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Valparaiso and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Beacons’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 133.4 points scored. That’s 5.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Beacons have a points-per-game average 4.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Illinois State is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Illinois State and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Redbirds games averaged 144.1 total points, 5.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Redbirds’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 82.6, two points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Valparaiso vs. Illinois State Betting Trends
- Valparaiso has covered the spread in a matchup six times this season (6-3-1).
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Beacons have gone 3-1 against the spread.
- This season, Valparaiso’s games have hit the over six times out of 10 chances.
- The Beacons score just 3.5 fewer points per game (74.2) than the Redbirds give up (77.7).
- Valparaiso is 2-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when scoring more than 77.7 points.
- Illinois State has put together a record of 9-3-1 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Redbirds have a perfect ATS record of 6-0.
- This year, Illinois State’s games have hit the over nine times out of 13 chances.
- The Redbirds’ 80.6 points per game are 14.1 more points than the 66.5 the Beacons give up to opponents.
- Illinois State has put together a 5-4-1 ATS record and an 8-4 overall record in games it scores more than 66.5 points.
Valparaiso vs. Illinois State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Valparaiso and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under of 139 points four times.
- In Illinois State’s 13 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s over/under of 139.
- Together, the two teams combine for 154.8 points per game, 15.8 points more than the over/under of 139 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s over/under is 5.2 fewer points than the 144.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Beacons have seen a 133.4 average over/under in their games this season, 5.6 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 4.4 points separates the average total points bet in Redbirds’ games (143.4 points) and this contest’s over/under (139 points).
Valparaiso Team Leaders
- Thomas Kithier: 10.1 PTS, 61.7 FG%
- Sheldon Edwards: 12.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.3 BLK, 40 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (29-for-87)
- Trevor Anderson: 10.5 PTS, 48 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)
- Ben Krikke: 15 PTS, 56.1 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Kevion Taylor: 10.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.1 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (29-for-71)
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 21.1 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (45-for-99)
- Sy Chatman: 14.9 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 55.9 FG%
- Josiah Strong: 12.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.5 FG%, 46 3PT% (40-for-87)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.1 PTS, 54.8 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (10-for-23)
- Mark Freeman: 9.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.8 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.