The No. 14 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-2, 0-0 Big Ten) are 9.5-point favorites as they look to continue a four-game win streak when they visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-7, 0-0 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 148.5 points.
Ohio State vs. Nebraska Predictions
Ohio State vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
|Ohio State||-9.5||148.5 points|
Ohio State vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Ohio State has covered the spread in a matchup four times this season (4-6-0).
- The Buckeyes are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- This season, seven of Ohio State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Buckeyes record 75.7 points per game, only 0.7 fewer points than the 76.4 the Cornhuskers allow.
- Ohio State has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when scoring more than 76.4 points.
- Nebraska has covered the spread nine times over 13 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 9.5-point underdogs or more, the Cornhuskers have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Nebraska games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this year.
- The Cornhuskers average 7.5 more points per game (75.0) than the Buckeyes give up to opponents (67.5).
- Nebraska has put together a 5-5 ATS record and a 6-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67.5 points.
Ohio State vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Ohio State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (148.5 points) three times this season.
- This season, seven games Nebraska played finished with a combined score higher than 148.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 148.5 is 2.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Buckeyes (75.7 points per game) and the Cornhuskers (75.0 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 4.6 fewer points than the 143.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Buckeyes games is 10.8 points fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 3.5 points separates this matchup’s over/under (148.5 points) and the average total points bet in Cornhuskers’ games (145.0 points) this season.
Ohio State Team Leaders
- E.J. Liddell: 20.6 PTS, 7.2 REB, 2.9 BLK, 56.0 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (12-for-34)
- Zed Key: 10.4 PTS, 62.5 FG%
- Kyle Young: 9.0 PTS, 59.2 FG%, 47.4 3PT% (9-for-19)
- Jamari Wheeler: 6.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 46.9 FG%, 37.0 3PT% (10-for-27)
- Justin Ahrens: 8.7 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (25-for-58)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 16.4 PTS, 5.7 AST, 1.5 STL, 45.7 FG%, 28.0 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Bryce McGowens: 15.6 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 24.2 3PT% (15-for-62)
- Derrick Walker: 9.0 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 78.7 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 7.4 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (19-for-57)
- Keisei Tominaga: 8.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.2 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (25-for-73)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.