The Northern Iowa Panthers (4-7, 0-0 MVC) are at home in MVC play against the Evansville Purple Aces (4-8, 0-0 MVC) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The Panthers are double-digit favorites by 11 points in the game. The over/under in the matchup is set at 128.5.
Northern Iowa vs. Evansville Predictions
Northern Iowa vs. Evansville Betting Odds
|Northern Iowa||-11||128.5 points|
Northern Iowa vs. Evansville Betting Trends
- Northern Iowa has covered the spread just twice over 10 games with a set spread.
- The Panthers are winless against the spread when they are 11-point favorites or more (0-2).
- This season, five of Northern Iowa’s games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The 71.4 points per game the Panthers score are 5.6 more points than the Purple Aces allow (65.8).
- When Northern Iowa puts up more than 65.8 points, it is 3-4 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- Evansville has put together a 10-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Purple Aces have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 11-point underdogs.
- This season, four of Evansville’s games have gone over the point total out of 11 chances.
- The Purple Aces score 7.1 fewer points per game (61.8) than the Panthers give up (68.9).
- When it scores more than 68.9 points, Evansville is 2-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
Northern Iowa vs. Evansville Over/Under Trends
- Six Northern Iowa games this season have gone over Sunday’s total of 128.5 points.
- Four of Evansville’s games finished with a combined score higher than 128.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 128.5 is 4.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Panthers (71.4 points per game) and the Purple Aces (61.8 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 134.7 points per game, 6.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Panthers have seen a 137.7 over/under in their games this season, 9.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Purple Aces’ games this season (128.9 points).
Northern Iowa Team Leaders
- AJ Green: 16.9 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (33-for-91)
- Nate Heise: 10.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 58.6 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (13-for-29)
- Noah Carter: 11.5 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (14-for-43)
- Trae Berhow: 7.4 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (18-for-48)
- Austin Phyfe: 8 PTS, 55.8 FG%, 30 3PT% (3-for-10)
Evansville Team Leaders
- Shamar Givance: 15 PTS, 1.6 STL, 45.7 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (15-for-47)
- Jawaun Newton: 14 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (19-for-57)
- Noah Frederking: 8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 35.3 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (17-for-59)
- Evan Kuhlman: 6.7 PTS, 31.9 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
- Antoine Smith Jr.: 7.3 PTS, 53.3 FG%, 47.5 3PT% (19-for-40)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.