Two hot teams hit the court when the No. 11 Michigan State Spartans (11-2, 0-0 Big Ten) visit the Northwestern Wildcats (8-2, 0-0 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The Spartans are 1.5-point favorites and put their six-game win streak on the line against the Wildcats, who have won three straight. The point total in the matchup is set at 138.5.
Michigan State vs. Northwestern Predictions
Michigan State vs. Northwestern Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-1.5||138.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Michigan State is 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Spartans have an ATS record of 7-3 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, Michigan State’s games have hit the over six times out of 12 chances.
- The Spartans put up 15 more points per game (75.8) than the Wildcats give up (60.8).
- Michigan State is 8-3 against the spread and 11-1 overall when scoring more than 60.8 points.
- Northwestern has covered the spread six times this season (6-4-0).
- In games they have played as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Wildcats have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, Northwestern’s games have hit the over six times.
- The Wildcats average 13.7 more points per game (79) than the Spartans allow (65.3).
- When it scores more than 65.3 points, Northwestern is 5-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Michigan State vs. Northwestern Over/Under Trends
- This season, Michigan State and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under of 138.5 points six times.
- This season, seven of Northwestern’s games have ended with a score higher than 138.5 points.
- The total for the matchup of 138.5 is 16.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (75.8 points per game) and the Wildcats (79 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 126.1 points per game, 12.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Spartans games is 138.6 points, 0.1 more than the over/under of 138.5 points for this contest.
- Wildcats’ games have a total points bet of 140.4 points this season, 1.9 points more than the over/under for this game.
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 10 PTS, 7.4 REB, 2.7 BLK, 59.1 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
- Gabe Brown: 14.2 PTS, 44 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (32-for-81)
- Tyson Walker: 7 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.4 STL, 41.3 FG%, 60 3PT% (12-for-20)
- Malik Hall: 10.2 PTS, 61.7 FG%, 58.3 3PT% (14-for-24)
- A.J Hoggard: 6.6 PTS, 44 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (4-for-11)
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 16.3 PTS, 8 REB, 2 BLK, 53.3 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (11-for-26)
- Boo Buie: 14.9 PTS, 5.7 AST, 39.2 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (20-for-63)
- Ryan Young: 10.6 PTS, 64.4 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.1 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- Ty Berry: 8.5 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 46.8 3PT% (22-for-47)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.