The No. 13 Houston Cougars (11-3, 0-0 AAC) hit the road in AAC play against the Temple Owls (7-5, 0-0 AAC) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET. The Cougars are double-digit favorites by 12 points in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 128.5 points.
Houston vs. Temple Predictions
Houston vs. Temple Betting Odds
Houston vs. Temple Betting Trends
- Houston has covered the spread in a matchup nine times this season (9-4-0).
- In games they have played as 12-point favorites or more, the Cougars have an ATS record of 4-3.
- Houston games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season.
- The Cougars put up 7.7 more points per game (73.7) than the Owls allow (66).
- When Houston totals more than 66 points, it is 9-3 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Temple has registered an 8-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Temple games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Owls put up 15.5 more points per game (67.6) than the Cougars give up to opponents (52.1).
- Temple is 6-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it scores more than 52.1 points.
Houston vs. Temple Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Houston’s 14 games have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 128.5 points.
- Seven of Temple’s games finished with a combined score higher than 128.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 141.3 points per game, 12.8 points more than the over/under of 128.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s over/under is 10.4 fewer points than the 118.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Cougars games is 133.3 points, 4.8 more than the over/under of 128.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 7.2 points separates the average total points bet in Owls’ games (135.7 points) and this contest’s over/under (128.5 points).
Houston Team Leaders
- Marcus Sasser: 16.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 43.7 FG%, 43.7 3PT% (45-for-103)
- Jamal Shead: 9.3 PTS, 5.7 AST, 1.8 STL, 46.8 FG%, 40 3PT% (12-for-30)
- Fabian White Jr.: 10.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 46.2 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (14-for-36)
- Kyler Edwards: 12.5 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (29-for-82)
- Josh Carlton: 9.8 PTS, 62.1 FG%
Temple Team Leaders
- Damian Dunn: 13.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.8 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (12-for-38)
- Jeremiah Williams: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.6 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (4-for-26)
- Khalif Battle: 15 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 48.8 3PT% (21-for-43)
- Nick Jourdain: 4 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 34 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Jake Forrester: 6.2 PTS, 54.4 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.