The Western Illinois Leathernecks (10-4, 0-0 Summit) visit the Saint Thomas Tommies (7-7, 0-0 Summit) in a matchup of Summit teams at Schoenecker Arena, tipping off at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 1, 2022. The Leathernecks are 3.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 153.
Western Illinois vs. St. Thomas Predictions
Western Illinois vs. St. Thomas Betting Odds
|Western Illinois||-3.5||153 points|
Western Illinois vs. St. Thomas Last 10 Games
- Western Illinois covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Western Illinois games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The Leathernecks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 148.1 points scored. That’s 4.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Leathernecks have a points-per-game average 1.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- St. Thomas covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- St. Thomas’ last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Tommies games averaged 144.9 total points, 8.1 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Tommies have a 75.3 points-per-game average, 3.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Western Illinois vs. St. Thomas Betting Trends
- Western Illinois is 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Leathernecks have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- This season, six of Western Illinois’ games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Leathernecks score 81 points per game, 11.3 more points than the 69.7 the Tommies allow.
- Western Illinois is 6-4 against the spread and 9-3 overall when scoring more than 69.7 points.
- St. Thomas is 7-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The Tommies are 5-2 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- St. Thomas’ games have gone over the total seven times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Tommies’ 78.9 points per game are 5.5 more points than the 73.4 the Leathernecks allow.
- St. Thomas has put together a 7-0 ATS record and a 6-3 overall record in games it scores more than 73.4 points.
Western Illinois vs. St. Thomas Over/Under Trends
- This season, six of Western Illinois’ 12 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 153 points.
- In St. Thomas’ 11 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 153.
- Together, the two teams combine for 159.9 points per game, 6.9 points more than the total of 153 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 143.1 points per game, 9.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Leathernecks games is 148.5 points, 4.5 fewer than the over/under of 153 points for this contest.
- Tommies games have an over/under of 145.1 points this season, 7.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Western Illinois Team Leaders
- Trenton Massner: 16.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.9 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (25-for-63)
- Colton Sandage: 15 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.8 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (37-for-97)
- Will Carius: 17.4 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (46-for-111)
- Luka Barisic: 12.3 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (26-for-91)
- Tamell Pearson: 8.5 PTS, 56 FG%
St. Thomas Team Leaders
- Anders Nelson: 16.8 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (23-for-79)
- Riley Miller: 18.2 PTS, 45 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (61-for-132)
- Brooks Allen: 6.1 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (18-for-46)
- Parker Bjorklund: 13.8 PTS, 8 REB, 1.1 STL, 60 FG%, 100 3PT% (2-for-2)
- Burt Hedstrom: 7 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (17-for-52)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.