The West Virginia Mountaineers (11-1, 0-0 Big 12) will attempt to continue an eight-game win streak when they visit the No. 16 Texas Longhorns (10-2, 0-0 Big 12) at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 1, 2022 as 8.5-point underdogs. The Longhorns have won four games in a row. The point total for the matchup is set at 121.5.
Texas vs. West Virginia Predictions
Texas vs. West Virginia Betting Odds
Texas vs. West Virginia Betting Trends
- Texas has put together a record of 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns are 5-5 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Texas games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Longhorns record 72.1 points per game, 12.3 more points than the 59.8 the Mountaineers give up.
- When Texas puts up more than 59.8 points, it is 5-6 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- West Virginia has put together a 6-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- West Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this year.
- The Mountaineers score an average of 70.4 points per game, 19.1 more points than the 51.3 the Longhorns allow to opponents.
- West Virginia has put together a 7-5 ATS record and an 11-1 overall record in games it scores more than 51.3 points.
Texas vs. West Virginia Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Texas’ 11 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 121.5 points.
- Eight of West Virginia’s games ended with a combined score higher than 121.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 142.5 points per game, 21 points more than the total of 121.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 111.1 points per game, 10.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Longhorns have seen a 136.8 over/under in their games this season, 15.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 15.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Mountaineers’ games this season (137.4 points).
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 11.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 54 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Tre Mitchell: 10.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 53.2 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (10-for-24)
- Andrew Jones: 9.3 PTS, 1.8 STL, 41.5 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (15-for-52)
- Marcus Carr: 8.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.4 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (13-for-41)
- Courtney Ramey: 8.3 PTS, 49.4 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (13-for-32)
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 20.9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 44.2 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (23-for-65)
- Sean McNeil: 12.8 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (21-for-57)
- Jalen Bridges: 7.3 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 4.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 51.2 FG%
- Kedrian Johnson: 4.8 PTS, 2.2 STL, 46.5 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (2-for-11)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.