The Syracuse Orange (7-5, 0-0 ACC) host the Virginia Cavaliers (7-5, 0-0 ACC) in a matchup of ACC teams at Carrier Dome, starting at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 1, 2022. The Orange are 4-point favorites in the game. The matchup has a point total of 128.
Syracuse vs. Virginia Predictions
Syracuse vs. Virginia Betting Odds
Syracuse vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- Syracuse has put together a record of 7-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Orange are 2-4 ATS when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- Syracuse games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Orange record 22.8 more points per game (79.0) than the Cavaliers allow (56.2).
- When Syracuse totals more than 56.2 points, it is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Virginia has put together a record of 3-8-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 4-point underdogs or more, the Cavaliers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this year.
- The Cavaliers put up 14.0 fewer points per game (61.8) than the Orange give up to opponents (75.8).
Syracuse vs. Virginia Over/Under Trends
- This season, Syracuse games have gone over this matchup’s 128-point total 10 times.
- This season, Virginia has played only one game with a combined score over 128 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 140.8 points per game, 12.8 points more than the total of 128 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 132 points per game, 4.0 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Orange have seen a 147.8 average over/under in their games this season, 19.8 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 4.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (128 points) and the average total points bet in Cavaliers’ games (123.8 points) this season.
Syracuse Team Leaders
- Buddy Boeheim: 18.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.5 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (25-for-81)
- Jesse Edwards: 11.7 PTS, 2.6 BLK, 73.0 FG%
- Cole Swider: 13.0 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.4 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (24-for-70)
- Joseph Girard III: 13.9 PTS, 1.8 STL, 45.4 FG%, 48.6 3PT% (36-for-74)
- Jimmy Boeheim: 14.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.9 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (14-for-34)
Virginia Team Leaders
- Jayden Gardner: 14.8 PTS, 8.1 REB, 57.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Reece Beekman: 7.3 PTS, 2.2 STL, 37.8 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (6-for-24)
- Kadin Shedrick: 6.3 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 55.3 FG%
- Armaan Franklin: 11.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.6 FG%, 20.3 3PT% (13-for-64)
- Kihei Clark: 9.5 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (19-for-47)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.