The Northern Colorado Bears (7-7, 0-0 Big Sky) visit the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (9-4, 0-0 Big Sky) after losing six straight road games. The Thunderbirds are favored by 6.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 1, 2022. The matchup has an over/under set at 146.5 points.
Southern Utah vs. Northern Colorado Predictions
Southern Utah vs. Northern Colorado Betting Odds
|Southern Utah||-6.5||146.5 points|
Southern Utah vs. Northern Colorado Last 10 Games
- Southern Utah is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Southern Utah and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Thunderbirds games averaged 146.5 points, equal to this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Thunderbirds have a points-per-game average 5.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Northern Colorado is 4-6 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Northern Colorado games have surpassed the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Bears games averaged 141.5 total points, 5.0 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Bears are scoring 71.4 points per game compared to their 74.5 season average.
Southern Utah vs. Northern Colorado Betting Trends
- Southern Utah has covered the spread in a matchup six times this season (6-5-0).
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Thunderbirds have an ATS record of 2-4.
- This season, six of Southern Utah’s games have gone over the point total out of 11 chances.
- The Thunderbirds put up 78.2 points per game, just 4.1 more points than the 74.1 the Bears allow.
- When Southern Utah totals more than 74.1 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Northern Colorado has covered the spread seven times this season (7-4-1).
- In games this year when an underdog by 6.5 points or more, the Bears are 4-0 against the spread.
- This year, eight of Northern Colorado’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Bears’ 74.5 points per game are just 3.3 more points than the 71.2 the Thunderbirds allow.
- When it scores more than 71.2 points, Northern Colorado is 3-3-2 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Southern Utah vs. Northern Colorado Over/Under Trends
- Southern Utah and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (146.5 points) five times this season.
- There have been seven Northern Colorado games that have ended with a combined score higher than 146.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 152.7 points per game, 6.2 points more than the point total of 146.5 for this contest.
- The 145.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 1.2 fewer than the 146.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Thunderbirds have seen a 147.5 over/under in their games this season, 1.0 more point than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.5 points separates this game’s over/under (146.5 points) and the average total points bet in Bears’ games (141.0 points) this season.
Southern Utah Team Leaders
- John Knight III: 15.5 PTS, 1.9 STL, 59.4 FG%
- Maizen Fausett: 11.7 PTS, 8.7 REB, 44.1 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (15-for-53)
- Dre Marin: 11.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.7 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (26-for-69)
- Tevian Jones: 13.5 PTS, 35.0 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (24-for-90)
- Jason Spurgin: 5.0 PTS, 62.8 FG%
Northern Colorado Team Leaders
- Daylen Kountz: 18.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 50.0 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (24-for-53)
- Kur Jockuch: 9.4 PTS, 9.2 REB, 64.0 FG%
- Matt Johnson: 12.7 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (26-for-68)
- Bodie Hume: 10.6 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (24-for-76)
- Dalton Knecht: 9.1 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (17-for-48)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.