The No. 22 Providence Friars (12-1, 0-0 Big East) are slightly favored (by 1 point) to extend a three-game road win streak when they visit the DePaul Blue Demons (9-4, 0-0 Big East) on Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 3:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 140.5 points.
Providence vs. DePaul Predictions
Providence vs. DePaul Betting Odds
Providence vs. DePaul Last 10 Games
- Providence is 9-1 overall and 4-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Providence games has gone over the set total three times.
- The Friars’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 132.8 points scored. That’s 7.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Friars have a points-per-game average 4.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
- DePaul is 8-2 overall and 7-2-1 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- DePaul and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Blue Demons games averaged 142.8 total points, 2.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Blue Demons have scored 10.5 more points per contest compared to their 67.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Providence vs. DePaul Betting Trends
- Providence has put together a 5-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 1 point or more so far this season, the Friars have gone 3-4 against the spread.
- This season, five of Providence’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Friars put up 69.8 points per game, 12.7 more points than the 57.1 the Blue Demons allow.
- When Providence totals more than 57.1 points, it is 6-3 against the spread and 11-0 overall.
- DePaul has covered the spread in a game eight times this season (8-2-1).
- In games they were an underdog in by 1 point or more so far this year, the Blue Demons went 3-0-1 against the spread.
- DePaul’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Blue Demons’ 67.3 points per game are 5.5 more points than the 61.8 the Friars allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 61.8 points, DePaul is 8-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Providence vs. DePaul Over/Under Trends
- This season, four of Providence’s 12 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- There have been seven DePaul games that have ended with a combined score over 140.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 140.5 is 3.4 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Friars (69.8 points per game) and the Blue Demons (67.3 points per game).
- The 118.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 21.6 fewer than the 140.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Friars games is seven points fewer than the over/under of 140.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 2.8 points separates the average total points bet in Blue Demons’ games (143.3 points) and this matchup’s over/under (140.5 points).
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 10.5 PTS, 8.3 REB, 45.5 FG%, 44 3PT% (22-for-50)
- Nate Watson: 14.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 59.4 FG%
- Al Durham: 12.8 PTS, 35.8 FG%, 20.8 3PT% (10-for-48)
- A.J. Reeves: 11.2 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (29-for-80)
- Justin Minaya: 4.4 PTS, 39 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (6-for-27)
DePaul Team Leaders
- Javon Freeman-Liberty: 20.2 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.8 STL, 42.5 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (19-for-59)
- David Jones: 17.4 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.7 STL, 52.3 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (12-for-34)
- Brandon Johnson: 11.5 PTS, 7.6 REB, 47.9 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
- Nick Ongenda: 11.3 PTS, 2.4 BLK, 58.4 FG%
- Philmon Gebrewhit: 8.4 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (16-for-51)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.