A pair of streaking teams meet when the North Texas Mean Green (7-3, 0-0 C-USA) host the Rice Owls (7-4, 0-0 C-USA) on Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET. The Owls are 9.5-point underdogs and will try to keep their five-game win streak allive against the Mean Green, who have won five straight. The point total for the matchup is 133.
North Texas vs. Rice Predictions
North Texas vs. Rice Betting Odds
|North Texas||-9.5||133 points|
North Texas vs. Rice Betting Trends
- North Texas is 4-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Mean Green are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- This season, North Texas’ games have hit the over once out of eight chances.
- The Mean Green put up 65.9 points per game, 8.4 fewer points than the 74.3 the Owls give up.
- Rice has covered the spread six times in 10 games with a set spread.
- The Owls are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Rice’s games have gone over the total eight times this year.
- The Owls put up 25.8 more points per game (80.9) than the Mean Green allow their opponents to score (55.1).
- When it scores more than 55.1 points, Rice is 4-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
North Texas vs. Rice Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Texas games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 133-point total just once.
- There have been 10 Rice games that have ended with a combined score over 133 points this season.
- The point total for the matchup of 133 is 13.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Mean Green (65.9 points per game) and the Owls (80.9 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 3.6 fewer points than the 129.4 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Mean Green games is 128.6 points, 4.4 fewer than the over/under of 133 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 11.0 points fewer than the average over/under in Owls’ games this season (144.0 points).
North Texas Team Leaders
- Thomas Bell: 13.2 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (12-for-39)
- Tylor Perry: 13.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 44.7 FG%, 47.7 3PT% (21-for-44)
- Mardrez McBride: 8.3 PTS, 34.1 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (19-for-61)
- Abou Ousmane: 8.7 PTS, 49.3 FG%
- Rubin Jones: 9.1 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (14-for-43)
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 10.4 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.4 BLK, 62.5 FG%
- Travis Evee: 15.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51.4 FG%, 48.1 3PT% (37-for-77)
- Carl Pierre: 15.2 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (34-for-76)
- Chris Mullins: 10.7 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (6-for-18)
- Quincy Olivari: 8.9 PTS, 37.0 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.