The Chicago State Cougars (4-10, 0-0 WAC) are heavy underdogs (+23.5) as they look to stop a three-game road slide when they visit the New Mexico State Aggies (11-2, 0-0 WAC) on Saturday, January 1, 2022 at Pan American Center. The matchup airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 135.5 points.
New Mexico State vs. Chicago State Predictions
New Mexico State vs. Chicago State Betting Odds
|New Mexico State||-23.5||135.5 points|
New Mexico State vs. Chicago State Last 10 Games
- New Mexico State covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 New Mexico State games has surpassed the set total seven times.
- The Aggies’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 138.4 points scored. That’s 2.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Aggies’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 2.0 points lower than their season-long average.
- Chicago State has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Chicago State games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The Cougars’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 132.0 points scored. That’s 3.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Cougars are scoring 59.0 points per game compared to their 60.0 season average.
New Mexico State vs. Chicago State Betting Trends
- New Mexico State is 6-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Games involving New Mexico State have hit the over seven times out of 10 chances this season.
- The Aggies record 76.5 points per game, only 3.1 more points than the 73.4 the Cougars allow.
- New Mexico State has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when putting up more than 73.4 points.
- Chicago State has covered the spread 12 times in 14 games with a set spread.
- The Cougars are a perfect 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 23.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Chicago State have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Cougars score an average of 60.0 points per game, 8.3 fewer points than the 68.3 the Aggies give up to opponents.
- Chicago State has put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 1-1 overall record in games it scores more than 68.3 points.
New Mexico State vs. Chicago State Over/Under Trends
- This season, New Mexico State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 135.5 points seven times.
- This season, six of Chicago State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 135.5 points.
- The Aggies average 76.5 points per game against the Cougars’ 60.0, totaling 1.0 point over the matchup’s total of 135.5.
- The 141.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 6.2 more than the 135.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Aggies have seen a 138.4 over/under in their games this season, 2.9 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.6 points more than the average over/under in Cougars’ games this season (134.9 points).
New Mexico State Team Leaders
- Teddy Allen: 17.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.6 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (26-for-87)
- Jabari Rice: 13.8 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (22-for-59)
- William McNair: 8.1 PTS, 58.2 FG%
- Johnny McCants: 8.5 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 59.7 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (6-for-24)
- Marchelus Avery: 5.2 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (8-for-25)
Chicago State Team Leaders
- Coreyoun Rushin: 9.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 43.3 FG%
- Jahsean Corbett: 11.0 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (18-for-47)
- Brandon Betson: 13.5 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (31-for-85)
- Dominique Alexander: 6.7 PTS, 31.9 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (12-for-34)
- Teddy Bayi Ba Mandeng: 3.1 PTS, 38.3 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.