The Furman Paladins (9-5, 0-0 SoCon) are 4-point favorites as they look to stop a three-game road losing streak when they take on the VMI Keydets (8-5, 0-0 SoCon) on Saturday, January 1, 2022 at Cameron Hall. The contest airs at 1:00 PM ET. The over/under is 149.5 in the matchup.
Furman vs. VMI Predictions
Furman vs. VMI Betting Odds
Furman vs. VMI Last 10 Games
- Furman has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Furman games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The last 10 Paladins games averaged 145.4 total points, 4.1 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Paladins are scoring 4.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- VMI is 5-5 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- VMI and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Keydets games averaged 143 total points, 6.5 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Keydets have a 73.7 points-per-game average, 5.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
Furman vs. VMI Betting Trends
- Furman has covered the spread eight times in 13 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 4 points or more, the Paladins are 4-4 against the spread.
- Furman’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Paladins score 13.9 more points per game (80.1) than the Keydets give up (66.2).
- Furman has a 5-4-1 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when scoring more than 66.2 points.
- VMI has covered the spread six times over 10 games with a set spread.
- The Keydets are 2-1-1 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- This year, VMI’s games have hit the over six times out of 10 chances.
- The Keydets’ 79.5 points per game are 7.2 more points than the 72.3 the Paladins give up.
- VMI has put together a 3-2 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games it scores more than 72.3 points.
Furman vs. VMI Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Furman’s 13 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 149.5 points.
- In VMI’s 10 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 149.5.
- The Paladins average 80.1 points per game against the Keydets’ 79.5, amounting to 10.1 points over the game’s over/under of 149.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 138.5 points per game, 11 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Paladins games is 145.2 points, 4.3 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- Keydets games have an over/under of 143 points this season, 6.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Furman Team Leaders
- Jalen Slawson: 15.9 PTS, 8.4 REB, 2.1 STL, 1.8 BLK, 53.2 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
- Alex Hunter: 17.1 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 47.4 3PT% (54-for-114)
- Mike Bothwell: 15.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.5 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (23-for-65)
- Conley Garrison: 8.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.6 FG%, 46.4 3PT% (32-for-69)
- Marcus Foster: 6.6 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 20.8 3PT% (5-for-24)
VMI Team Leaders
- Jake Stephens: 16.8 PTS, 8.5 REB, 2.1 BLK, 52.1 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (24-for-56)
- Kamdyn Curfman: 18.4 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (51-for-123)
- Sean Conway: 10 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (27-for-82)
- Tanner Mans: 6.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.3 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (17-for-43)
- Trey Bonham: 8.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.