The Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-8, 0-0 Sun Belt) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the UL Monroe Warhawks (8-5, 0-0 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 1, 2022 at George M. Holmes Convocation Center as 5-point favorites. The game airs at 4:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is 137.
Appalachian State vs. UL Monroe Predictions
Appalachian State vs. UL Monroe Betting Odds
|Appalachian State||-5||137 points|
Appalachian State vs. UL Monroe Last 10 Games
- Appalachian State covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Appalachian State’s last 10 outings saw four hit the over.
- The past 10 Mountaineers games averaged 4.9 fewer points (132.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Mountaineers are scoring 5.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- UL Monroe has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- UL Monroe’s last 10 contests saw eight hit the over.
- The Warhawks’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 142.4 points scored. That’s 5.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Warhawks have a 72.5 points-per-game average, 6.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Appalachian State vs. UL Monroe Betting Trends
- Appalachian State is 7-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- This season, five of Appalachian State’s games have gone over the point total out of 12 chances.
- The Mountaineers score 67.1 points per game, 9.8 fewer points than the 76.9 the Warhawks allow.
- UL Monroe has covered the spread in a game eight times this year (8-2-0).
- In games this season when an underdog by 5 points or more, the Warhawks are 4-1 against the spread.
- This year, eight of UL Monroe’s games have gone over the point total out of 10 chances.
- The Warhawks put up 17.2 more points per game (79.4) than the Mountaineers allow their opponents to score (62.2).
- UL Monroe is 5-4 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it scores more than 62.2 points.
Appalachian State vs. UL Monroe Over/Under Trends
- Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (137 points) three times this season.
- Every game featuring UL Monroe this season has finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 137.
- The over/under for the contest of 137 is 9.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Mountaineers (67.1 points per game) and the Warhawks (79.4 points per game).
- The 139.1 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.1 more than the 137 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Mountaineers games is 4.3 points fewer than the over/under of 137 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 5.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Warhawks’ games this season (142.4 points).
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 15.1 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (37-for-93)
- Donovan Gregory: 8.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 57.6 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 9.4 PTS, 33.1 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (24-for-78)
- Justin Forrest: 9.5 PTS, 29 FG%, 19.4 3PT% (13-for-67)
- James Lewis: 5.4 PTS, 48 FG%
UL Monroe Team Leaders
- Andre Jones: 13.1 PTS, 1.8 STL, 47.2 FG%, 14.8 3PT% (4-for-27)
- Russell Harrison: 12.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.7 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (28-for-71)
- Elijah Gonzales: 7.4 PTS, 2.2 STL, 47.3 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (12-for-31)
- Thomas Howell: 10.3 PTS, 62.9 FG%
- Koreem Ozier: 11.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (19-for-52)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.