The Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13) take a seven-game losing streak into a matchup with the New England Patriots (9-6) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at Gillette Stadium. New England is a 16-point favorite in the contest. This game has an over/under of 41.5 points.
Patriots vs. Jaguars Predictions
Patriots Vs. Jaguars Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Patriots and Jaguars: Last Three Games
- New England covered the spread once in its past three matchups while putting up a 1-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The Patriots and their opponents have hit the over one time in those games.
- The Patriots’ last three games have ended with an average of 43.0 points scored. That’s 1.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Jacksonville has not covered a spread (0-3-0) while going 0-3 overall in its last three games.
- The final combined score of the past three Jaguars games has exceeded the set total two times.
- The past three Jaguars games averaged 0.8 more points (42.3) than this matchup’s point total.
Patriots and Jaguars: Betting Trends
- New England is 9-6-0 against the spread this season.
- Games involving New England have hit the over seven times this season.
- The Patriots have won seven of the 10 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (70%).
- New England has not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -1107 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Patriots have an implied win probability of 91.7%.
- Jacksonville has put together a record of 4-11-0 against the spread this year.
- Jacksonville games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season.
- The Jaguars have won two, or 15.4%, of the 13 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Jacksonville has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +686.
- This season, New England games have hit the over on this matchup’s 41.5-point total eight times.
- Eight of Jacksonville’s games finished with a combined score higher than 41.5 points this season.
- The Patriots average 25.9 points per game against the Jaguars’ 14.5, amounting to 1.1 points under the game’s over/under of 41.5.
- This matchup’s total is 2.2 fewer points than the 43.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2021.
- This season, the average total for Patriots games is 44.4 points, 2.9 more than the over/under of 41.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 4.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Jaguars’ games this season (46.1 points).
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones is the No. 31 fantasy player overall and the No. 21 fantasy quarterback with 191.8 points (averaging 12.8 per game).
- Damien Harris has put up total 162.1 fantasy points this year (10.8 per game), which make him the 49th-ranked player overall and the 14th-ranked running back.
- Kendrick Bourne is 90th overall and 28th among receivers after scoring 113.0 fantasy points (averaging 7.5 per game) so far this season.
- Hunter Henry’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 101st overall and sixth among tight ends with 102.0 points (6.8 per game).
Jaguars Players to Watch
- So far this season, Trevor Lawrence is the 40th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 24th-best fantasy quarterback with 173.1 fantasy points (11.5 per game).
- Marvin Jones Jr.’s 87.8 total fantasy points (an average of 5.9 per game), are enough to place him 44th among receivers and 127th overall.
- Laquon Treadwell averages 2.2 fantasy points per game on the way to 32.3 total fantasy points. That makes him the 281st-ranked fantasy player overall and the 112th-ranked receiver.
- Tavon Austin’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 123rd among receivers and 300th overall with 27.2 points (1.8 per game).
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.