The Los Angeles Chargers (8-7) are 6.5-point favorites when they host the Denver Broncos (7-8) in an AFC West matchup on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at SoFi Stadium. An over/under of 45.5 is set in the game.
Chargers vs. Broncos Predictions
Chargers Vs. Broncos Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chargers and Broncos: Last Three Games
- Los Angeles covered the spread once in its last three matchups while putting together a 1-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final combined score of the last three Chargers games has exceeded the set total every time.
- The Chargers’ last three games have ended with an average of 47.7 points scored. That’s 2.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Denver is 1-2-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall in its last three contests.
- Once in those three games, the final combined score went over the set total.
- The last three Broncos games averaged 42.5 total points, 3.0 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
Chargers and Broncos: Betting Trends
- Los Angeles has compiled a 7-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Chargers have an ATS record of 1-2.
- This season, Los Angeles’ games have hit the over eight times.
- The Chargers are 5-5 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -276 or shorter, Los Angeles has a record of 2-1 (66.7%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Chargers have an implied win probability of 73.4%.
- Denver has covered the spread in a matchup seven times this year (7-8-0).
- The Broncos have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Denver games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year.
- The Broncos have been underdogs in four games this season and won two (50%) of those contests.
- Denver is 1-1 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +222 or more on the moneyline.
- This season, Los Angeles games have gone over this game’s 45.5-point total 10 times.
- In Denver’s 15 games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s total of 45.5.
- The Chargers average 27.2 points per game against the Broncos’ 19.9, amounting to 1.6 points over the contest’s point total of 45.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 44.7 points per game, 0.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Chargers have seen a 49.7 average over/under in their games this season, 4.2 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Broncos games have an over/under of 43.7 points this season, 1.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert is second overall among all players and second among all quarterbacks with 333.7 fantasy points (22.2 per game).
- Keenan Allen has collected total 136.2 fantasy points this year (9.1 per game), which make him the 64th-ranked player overall and the 15th-ranked receiver.
- So far this season, Jared Cook averages 4.8 fantasy points per game on the way to 72.4 total fantasy points. That makes him the 153rd-ranked fantasy player overall and the 17th-ranked tight end.
- Jalen Guyton is the 185th-ranked fantasy player — and the 67th-ranked receiver — with 59.9 fantasy points. He averages 4.0 fantasy points per game.
Broncos Players to Watch
- So far this season, Teddy Bridgewater is the No. 24 fantasy player overall and the No. 19 fantasy quarterback. He’s scored 202.7 points and is averaging 13.5 per game.
- Javonte Williams has recorded total 152.3 fantasy points this year (10.2 per game), which make him the 16th-ranked running back and the 53rd-ranked player overall.
- Melvin Gordon III is 17th among running backs and 56th overall after scoring 144.3 fantasy points (averaging 9.6 per game) so far this season.
- Courtland Sutton has put together the 133rd-ranked fantasy season (46th among receivers) with 82.3 fantasy points, averaging 5.5 per game.
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.