The Kansas State Wildcats are the favorites, but by less than a touchdown (-3.5), in this year’s Texas Bowl, where they will oppose the LSU Tigers. NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas will act as host on January 4, 2022, starting at 9:00 PM ET. An over/under of 48 points has been set for the contest.
Kansas State vs. LSU Predictions
Kansas State vs. LSU Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Kansas State vs. LSU: Last 3 Games
- Kansas State has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its past three contests.
- In its past three contests, Kansas State has hit the over once.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined to score an average of 50.5 points in their last three games, 2.5 more than the 48 over/under in this matchup.
- LSU has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- In its past three games, LSU has gone over the total once.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 54.5 combined points over their last three games, 6.5 more than the 48 over/under in this matchup.
Kansas State vs. LSU Betting Trends
- Kansas State has put together a 6-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Wildcats are 3-1 against the spread.
- This season, five of Kansas State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Wildcats have won 85.7% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (6-1).
- Kansas State has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Wildcats a 0.0% chance to win.
- LSU is 5-5-1 against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Tigers went 3-1 against the spread.
- LSU’s games have gone over the total four times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Tigers have been underdogs in six games this season and won two (33.3%) of those contests.
- This season, LSU has won six of its 11 games, or 54.5%, when they’re the underdog by at least on the moneyline.
Kansas State vs. LSU: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Kansas State games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 48-point total seven times.
- There have been seven LSU games that have ended with a combined score over 48 points this season.
- The Wildcats average 26.3 points per game against the Tigers’ 27.1, totaling 5.4 points over the game’s total of 48.
- These two teams surrender a combined 46.4 points per game, 1.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Wildcats have seen a 53.0 average over/under in their games this season, 5.0 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Tigers’ games have a total points bet of 60.9 points this season, 12.9 points more than the over/under for this game.
Kansas State Players to Watch
- Skylar Thompson has 1,844 passing yards (153.7 ypg) to lead Kansas State, completing 68.8% of his passes and collecting nine touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Deuce Vaughn’s team-high 1,246 rushing yards (103.8 per game) have come on 214 carries, with 15 touchdowns this year. He’s also added 461 yards (38.4 per game) on 46 catches with three touchdowns.
- This season Will Howard has rushed for 184 yards (15.3 per game) on 32 carries with four touchdowns.
- Phillip Brooks’ 464 receiving yards (38.7 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 38 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Malik Knowles’ 26 grabs have netted him 399 yards (33.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
LSU Players to Watch
- Max Johnson leads LSU with 2,814 passing yards (234.5 ypg) on 225-of-373 passing with 27 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Tyrion Davis-Price has carried the ball 211 times for a team-high 1,004 yards (83.7 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Corey Kiner has taken 65 carries for 271 yards (22.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Kayshon Boutte’s 508 receiving yards (42.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 38 receptions and nine touchdowns.
- Jack Bech has racked up 489 receiving yards (40.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 43 passes this year.
- Jaray Jenkins’ 33 grabs this season have resulted in 479 yards (39.9 ypg) and five touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.