The No. 23 Villanova Wildcats (8-4) are heavy favorites (-17) as they attempt to build on a four-game home win streak when they host the Temple Owls (7-5) on Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at The William B. Finneran Pavilion. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 127.5.
Villanova vs. Temple Predictions
Villanova vs. Temple Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Temple Betting Trends
- Villanova is 9-3-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 17 points or more so far this season, the Wildcats have gone 3-2 against the spread.
- This season, five of Villanova’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Wildcats put up 72.5 points per game, 6.5 more points than the 66.0 the Owls give up.
- When Villanova scores more than 66.0 points, it is 6-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- Temple has gone 8-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Games involving Temple have hit the over four times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Owls’ 67.6 points per game are only 4.9 more points than the 62.7 the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Temple has put together a 6-2 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games it scores more than 62.7 points.
Villanova vs. Temple Over/Under Trends
- Villanova and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (127.5 points) seven times this season.
- This season, seven games Temple played finished with a combined score over 127.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 127.5 is 12.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (72.5 points per game) and the Owls (67.6 points per game).
- The 128.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 1.2 more than the 127.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Wildcats have seen a 138.7 over/under in their games this season, 11.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Owls’ games this season (135.7 points).
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 16.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.1 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (38-for-96)
- Justin Moore: 14.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (27-for-72)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.5 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (13-for-47)
- Brandon Slater: 10.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.8 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- Eric Dixon: 8.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.7 FG%, 58.3 3PT% (7-for-12)
Temple Team Leaders
- Damian Dunn: 13.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.8 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (12-for-38)
- Jeremiah Williams: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.6 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (4-for-26)
- Khalif Battle: 15.0 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 48.8 3PT% (21-for-43)
- Nick Jourdain: 4.0 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 34.0 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Jake Forrester: 6.2 PTS, 54.4 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.