The Morehead State Eagles (8-5, 0-0 OVC) are heavy favorites (-19) as they look to build on a five-game home win streak when they host the Eastern Illinois Panthers (2-11, 0-0 OVC) on Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at Ellis T. Johnson Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 128.5.
Morehead State vs. Eastern Illinois Predictions
Morehead State vs. Eastern Illinois Betting Odds
|Morehead State||-19||128.5 points|
Morehead State vs. Eastern Illinois Last 10 Games
- Morehead State covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Morehead State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The Eagles’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 129.0 points scored. That’s 0.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 2.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- Eastern Illinois is 0-10 overall and 10-0-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- In all 10 of those games, the final combined score fell short of the set total.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 4.4 more points (132.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Panthers have a 51.6 points-per-game average, 5.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Morehead State vs. Eastern Illinois Betting Trends
- Morehead State is 8-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Morehead State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Eagles score 70.5 points per game, just 0.1 fewer points than the 70.6 the Panthers allow.
- When Morehead State scores more than 70.6 points, it is 2-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Eastern Illinois is a perfect 11-0-0 against the spread so far this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 19 points or more so far this year, the Panthers went 4-0 against the spread.
- Games involving Eastern Illinois have yet to hit the over once out of 11 chances this season.
- The Panthers’ 57.2 points per game are 7.5 fewer points than the 64.7 the Eagles give up.
Morehead State vs. Eastern Illinois Over/Under Trends
- Morehead State and its opponents have combined to exceed Wednesday’s total of 128.5 points eight times this season.
- This season, three of Eastern Illinois’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 128.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 127.7 points per game, 0.8 points fewer than the total of 128.5 for this game.
- The 135.3 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 6.8 more than the 128.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Eagles have seen a 130.4 average over/under in their games this season, 1.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Panthers’ games have a total points bet of 133.4 points this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Morehead State Team Leaders
- Johni Broome: 15.2 PTS, 10.2 REB, 3.2 BLK, 57.2 FG%
- Ta’Lon Cooper: 8.1 PTS, 6.2 AST, 36.2 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (13-for-44)
- Skyelar Potter: 10.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.7 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- Tray Hollowell: 12.0 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (39-for-95)
- Jake Wolfe: 5.8 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (10-for-25)
Eastern Illinois Team Leaders
- Kejuan Clements: 9.4 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (12-for-40)
- Rodolfo Rufino Bolis: 6.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.0 FG%, 28.0 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Henry Abraham: 6.3 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (20-for-51)
- Jermaine Hamlin: 7.3 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 47.3 FG%
- Sammy Friday: 7.5 PTS, 64.4 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.