The Iowa Hawkeyes (9-3) take on the Western Illinois Leathernecks (10-3) as heavy, 18-point favorites on Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 162.
Iowa vs. Western Illinois Predictions
Iowa vs. Western Illinois Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Western Illinois Betting Trends
- Iowa has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-4-0).
- In games this season when favored by 18 points or more, the Hawkeyes are 5-2 against the spread.
- Games involving Iowa have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Hawkeyes put up 87.6 points per game, 15.6 more points than the 72.0 the Leathernecks allow.
- When Iowa puts up more than 72.0 points, it is 7-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Western Illinois is 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
- This year, Western Illinois’ games have hit the over five times out of 11 chances.
- The Leathernecks average 11.7 more points per game (81.8) than the Hawkeyes allow their opponents to score (70.1).
- When it scores more than 70.1 points, Western Illinois is 6-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
Iowa vs. Western Illinois Over/Under Trends
- Five Iowa games this season have gone over Wednesday’s total of 162 points.
- There have been five Western Illinois games that have finished with a combined score over 162 points this season.
- The Hawkeyes average 87.6 points per game against the Leathernecks’ 81.8, totaling 7.4 points over the matchup’s over/under of 162.
- These two teams surrender a combined 142.1 points per game, 19.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Hawkeyes games is 149.0 points, 13.0 fewer than the over/under of 162 points for this contest.
- Leathernecks games have an over/under of 147.5 points this season, 14.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.2 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.5 STL, 1.9 BLK, 57.6 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (15-for-49)
- Kris Murray: 9.3 PTS, 50.6 FG%, 47.1 3PT% (16-for-34)
- Patrick McCaffery: 9.9 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (9-for-31)
- Tony Perkins: 8.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.0 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- Filip Rebraca: 5.7 PTS, 55.3 FG%
Western Illinois Team Leaders
- Trenton Massner: 15.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.0 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (25-for-59)
- Colton Sandage: 15.0 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.0 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (34-for-86)
- Will Carius: 17.8 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (44-for-102)
- Luka Barisic: 12.3 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (26-for-85)
- Tamell Pearson: 8.8 PTS, 7.0 REB, 56.3 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.