The Ball State Cardinals (5-6, 0-0 MAC) are just 2-point favorites as they try to end a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Northern Illinois Huskies (3-7, 0-0 MAC) on Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at NIU Convocation Center. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET.
Ball State vs. Northern Illinois Predictions
Ball State vs. Northern Illinois Betting Odds
Ball State vs. Northern Illinois Betting Trends
- Ball State has covered the spread nine times over 11 games with a set spread.
- The Cardinals are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- This season, six of Ball State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cardinals score 7.4 more points per game (74.4) than the Huskies give up (67).
- Ball State is 2-4 against the spread and 5-3 overall when scoring more than 67 points.
- Northern Illinois is a perfect 11-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The Huskies are a perfect 8-0 ATS when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- Games involving Northern Illinois have hit the over three times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Huskies put up 21.2 fewer points per game (56.7) than the Cardinals give up to opponents (77.9).
Ball State Team Leaders
- Tyler Cochran: 10.7 PTS, 2 STL, 48.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
- Luke Bumbalough: 12.5 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 40 3PT% (30-for-75)
- Payton Sparks: 9.5 PTS, 50 FG%
- Miryne Thomas: 9.5 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (17-for-45)
- Demarius Jacobs: 6.8 PTS, 58.1 FG%, 45 3PT% (9-for-20)
Northern Illinois Team Leaders
- Keshawn Williams: 13.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.8 FG%, 25 3PT% (7-for-28)
- Trendon Hankerson: 10.4 PTS, 1.9 STL, 34 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (22-for-59)
- Anthony Crump: 5.7 PTS, 42 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (4-for-11)
- Kaleb Thornton: 5.8 PTS, 35.7 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (8-for-18)
- Chinedu Kingsley Okanu: 4.4 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 37.8 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.