In this season’s Sugar Bowl, the Ole Miss Rebels are the favorites, but by less than a field goal (-1), over the Baylor Bears. the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana will act as host on January 1, 2022, starting at 8:45 PM ET. The over/under is set at 55 in the outing. If you’re looking to bet the game, check out the best college football betting sites.
Ole Miss vs. Baylor Predictions
Ole Miss vs. Baylor Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Ole Miss vs. Baylor: Last 3 Games
- Over its past three games, Ole Miss has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- In its past three contests, Ole Miss has not hit the over.
- The Rebels total over the last three games is 7.7 points more than the 55 over/under given for this matchup.
- Baylor has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, in its past three games.
- Baylor has not gone over the total in its past three contests.
- The Bears and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.8 combined points over their last three games, 6.2 less than the 55 over/under in this matchup.
Ole Miss vs. Baylor Betting Trends
- Ole Miss has covered the spread seven times this season (7-4-0).
- In games they have played as 1-point favorites or more, the Rebels have an ATS record of 5-2.
- Ole Miss’ games have gone over the total three times out of 11 chances this season.
- The Rebels have won all five of the games they have been listed as the moneyline favorite this season.
- Ole Miss has yet to play as a moneyline favorite of or shorter.
- The Rebels have a 0.0% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Baylor has registered a 9-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 1 point or more so far this year, the Bears went 4-1 against the spread.
- Baylor’s games have gone over the total six times this year.
- This season, the Bears have won four out of the five games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Baylor has a record of 8-2, a 84.6% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of or more by bookmakers this season.
Ole Miss vs. Baylor: Over/Under Trends
- Ole Miss and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (55 points) five times this season.
- In Baylor’s 13 games this season, six have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 55.
- The point total for the contest of 55 is 13.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Rebels (35.9 points per game) and the Bears (32.5 points per game).
- The 44.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 10.8 fewer than the 55 total in this contest.
- The Rebels have seen a 70.4 average over/under in their games this season, 15.4 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.2 points more than the average over/under in Bears’ games this season (51.8 points).
Ole Miss Players to Watch
- Matt Corral has thrown for 3,328 yards (277.3 ypg) to lead Ole Miss, completing 68.2% of his passes and collecting 20 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 597 rushing yards (49.8 ypg) on 145 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Jerrion Ealy’s team-high 703 rushing yards (58.6 per game) have come on 121 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also added 30 catches for 214 yards (17.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Snoop Conner has piled up 121 carries for 615 yards (51.3 per game) and 13 touchdowns.
- Dontario Drummond’s 919 receiving yards (76.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 66 receptions and eight touchdowns.
- Braylon Sanders has reeled in 23 passes for 512 yards (42.7 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Jahcour Pearson’s 26 grabs are good enough for 392 yards (32.7 ypg).
Baylor Players to Watch
- Gerry Bohanon has 2,197 passing yards (169.0 ypg) to lead Baylor, completing 64.4% of his passes and tossing 17 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 301 rushing yards (23.2 ypg) on 69 carries with nine rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Abram Smith, has carried the ball 231 times for 1,397 yards (107.5 per game), with 12 touchdowns this year.
- This season Trestan Ebner has taken 143 carries for 764 yards (58.8 per game) and two touchdowns, while also catching 28 passes for 284 yards (21.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tyquan Thornton’s 946 receiving yards (72.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 61 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- R.J. Sneed has hauled in 44 passes for 563 yards (43.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Ben Sims’ 32 receptions this season have resulted in 361 yards (27.8 ypg) and six touchdowns.
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.